KeyholeTV

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

KeyholeTV

Postby joester » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:40 am

It would be great to have access to live streaming Japanese tv. Is there any way to link Roku to content provided on KeyholeTV?
http://xorsyst.com/japan/watch-japanese-tv-online/
joester

Re: KeyholeTV

Postby Village Idiot » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:43 pm

I just took a look at the link.
I saw a clip of RoboGeisha and couldn't stop laughing.
Love the sword out of the rump.
Ya don't expect to see a sword coming back at ya from there.
It looks like a fun channel. But i hope it has sub titles, or dubbed in.
Village Idiot

Postby joester » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:55 pm

When you have a sword coming out of a rump, who needs subtitles!
joester

Postby Village Idiot » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:12 pm

ROTFL now you're making me want this channel.
Village Idiot

Postby vtagrl » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:25 pm

Umm.. pass on this channel, not interested, but thanks for the humor in the posts! :-)
vtagrl

Postby joester » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:20 pm

To be clear, KeyholeTV isn’t a channel. It is a Japanese govt funded technology to allow live streaming of Japanese TV stations. Unfortunately, as a result, it is probably some unique approach that isn’t adaptable elsewhere.

Anyway, it would be great if some live streaming Japanese TV was made available on Roku. They have some great “reality” type shows in Japan that don’t require translation (think - Candid Camera on steroids). Their commercials can also be quite entertaining.
joester

Postby Jeanlouis90 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:06 pm

I use Keyhole TV, and JPTV24 for my Japanese television. I used to use Livestation and TVU, but there's only so much JNN I can take. Keyhole TV has been the best program for me, because unlike Livestation and TVU Networks, it actually has NHK, Nihon TV, TBS (Tokyo Broadcasting Systems), Fuji TV, TV Asahi, and TV Tokyo, so I can watch all the Japanese game shows, anime, and Puroresu (Japanese Pro Wrestling) I want. Only bad thing is that the video and sound quality suck horribly. A buddy of mine mentioned that he mistook what was going on in the screen to be Japanese phone calls lol. I'll set up another personal issue with an anecdote. When I had Bright House Networks, I had a network called TV Japan. This program had mostly NHK material, and it was amazing. I spent Thanksgiving watching a Sumo Wrestling marathon and Anpanman. Boss. What does this have to do with Keyhole TV? Well, while it does have NHK General, it does not have the educational programs that TV Japan had, so no Pythagorean Mini (or whatever it was called) or that Cool Japan program. That stuff is on NHK Educational, and that, I believe is NOT on Keyhole. That is what I use JPTV24 for. It's a paid service, but the only free channel, coincidentially, is NHK Educational.

I would love it if Keyhole TV was a private channel so I don't have to use my Macbook for this stuff. But judging by the fact that they don't seem to be in a hurry to better their video quality, I don't see them making a channel for it (especially for HDTV) =P.
Jeanlouis90

Postby knuckle » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Japanese programming eh? If you don't mind a lower stream quality check out Justin TV there are usually at least 4 running at any given time
ROKU 1 XD J0A113014862
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV
all running wireless on a actiontec C2000A
knuckle
** Valued Community Member **

Postby Crow550 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:50 pm

The name made me think this was an Adult channel. LOL! :lol: I don't know why though.

Wait maybe I shouldn't have posted this. :o

:shock:

Moving along.... *Whistles*

I sure wasn't thinking live streaming Japanese TV when I read the thread title. *Shrugs*
Crow550
** Valued Community Member **

Postby maita » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Jeanlouis90 wrote:I would love it if Keyhole TV was a private channel so I don't have to use my Macbook for this stuff.

Yes!
Thanks for resurrecting this thread one year later! Unfortunately, it hasn't brought any live streaming Japanese tv to the Roku.
A few months ago, I sent an email to the Keyhole TV developers but got no response. Have been searching all over the web for Roku friendly streams from Japan, but have been coming up empty.
Given that "roku" is a Japanese word, you'd think there would be more content from there. :?
maita

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion