Player won't turn on

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Player won't turn on

Postby albenturkey » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:23 pm

I have had my Roku for almost a year and absolutely love it until today. I went to watch something and it appeared to be frozen. No big deal it has happened before, so i unplug it and plug it back in and the blue light on the front is flashing. The player seems like it is trying to start but keeps reseting. I tried the reset button and that does nothing. I hope someone here can help
albenturkey

Re: Player won't turn on

Postby kumasuki » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:51 pm

albenturkey wrote:I have had my Roku for almost a year and absolutely love it until today. I went to watch something and it appeared to be frozen. No big deal it has happened before, so i unplug it and plug it back in and the blue light on the front is flashing. The player seems like it is trying to start but keeps reseting. I tried the reset button and that does nothing. I hope someone here can help

Classic symptoms of a dying wall-wart (PSU) - you can order a new on one the Roku website.
--------------------------------------
Roku XDS; DSM-520; HDX1000 w/1TB drive; Neuros; Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR; HDHomeRun; Vudu; VuNow HD; Boxee Box
kumasuki

Postby coqui2k » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:30 pm

My roku also has a flashing light when turned on and no image appears, I had less than 6 months what should i do?
coqui2k

Postby kumasuki » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:34 pm

coqui2k wrote:My roku also has a flashing light when turned on and no image appears, I had less than 6 months what should i do?

How is the Roku connected to the TV?? If by HDMI, try switching to composite (R/W/Y) to see if that works - then try switching back to HDMI.
Roku XDS; DSM-520; HDX1000 w/1TB drive; Neuros; Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR; HDHomeRun; Vudu; VuNow HD; Boxee Box
kumasuki

Postby coqui2k » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:59 pm

Nothing
coqui2k

Postby coqui2k » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:01 am

It connected HDMI then I tried compomnet
coqui2k

Postby kumasuki » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:06 am

coqui2k wrote:Nothing

"Nothing" is appearing on your screen using composite? just to cover bases, are you switching to the correct input on your TV - often something like "video 1"??

If you're confident you're on the right input for composite and have no image, you could try a hard reset (this will put the box back to factory defaults too). Remove all cables except the power cord - press and hold the reset button for 30+ seconds - while still holding in the reset, pull the power cord. Then reconnect everything and see what you get (I would initially try composite again).
kumasuki

Postby kumasuki » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:09 am

coqui2k wrote:It connected HDMI then I tried compomnet

Not sure where this fits in sequentially - "it connected HDMI" your original setup?? just to be clear - are you familiar with the difference between 'component' and 'composite' ?? If so, what did you do to "try component"?
kumasuki

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion