activation code

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

activation code

Postby bearindawood » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:28 pm

I have progressed through set up to the point where the screen states searching for activation code. However after 30 min it is still searching. Any advice?
bearindawood

Re: activation code

Postby kumasuki » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:51 pm

bearindawood wrote:I have progressed through set up to the point where the screen states searching for activation code. However after 30 min it is still searching. Any advice?

To which screen are you referring? The activation process involves both your TV (with the Roku connected) AND your computer. The TV should display a new code - you need to open www.roku.com/link in a browser and enter the code from the TV. Specifically which part of this sequence is not finishing??
--------------------------------------
Roku XDS; DSM-520; HDX1000 w/1TB drive; Neuros; Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR; HDHomeRun; Vudu; VuNow HD; Boxee Box
kumasuki

Postby bearindawood » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:02 pm

The activation code never posts on the TV. It remains searching for activation code, I have already set up a roku account and just need the code but it is stuck in search mode.
bearindawood

Postby kumasuki » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:06 pm

bearindawood wrote:The activation code never posts on the TV. It remains searching for activation code, I have already set up a roku account and just need the code but it is stuck in search mode.

Try power-cycling your modem and router (in that order, waiting for the modem to fully boot first) - meanwhile do a hard reset of the Roku: remove all cables but power; press and hold the reset button for 30+ seconds; while still holding reset pull the power cord; reconnect everything and try again.

If you're connecting wirelessly and it still isn't getting thru the initial set-up, then try connecting the Roku with an ethernet cable to the router just to get thru any new firmware update before switching to wireless.
--------------------------------------
Roku XDS; DSM-520; HDX1000 w/1TB drive; Neuros; Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR; HDHomeRun; Vudu; VuNow HD; Boxee Box
kumasuki

Postby bearindawood » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:26 pm

thanks will do
bearindawood

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion