Changing Amazon VOD account

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Changing Amazon VOD account

Postby jwood » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:03 am

Is there anyway to change the Amazon account associated with my Roku? I want to use a different account but can't find a way to switch.
jwood

Re: Changing Amazon VOD account

Postby kumasuki » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:20 am

jwood wrote:Is there anyway to change the Amazon account associated with my Roku? I want to use a different account but can't find a way to switch.

Goto this Amazon page and click on the link to "> Manage your devices and settings" (near the bottom of the page). You can unregister your Roku here. Then sign into Amazon under the other account and register the Roku anew using the same pagelink above but this time clicking on the "register your device button".
--------------------------------------
Roku XDS; DSM-520; HDX1000 w/1TB drive; Neuros; Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR; HDHomeRun; Vudu; VuNow HD; Boxee Box
kumasuki

Postby jasbur » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:08 pm

My parents have a Roku and they want to use Amazon, but it's acting like it's already attached to an Amazon account (it only asks for a pin).
Everyone checked their Amazon accounts but we don't see it - so we can't unregister it from the Amazon website.
There has to be another way. Anybody?
jasbur

Postby stratcat96 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:19 pm

just delete the channel and re-add it. The first time you try to buy something it'll ask you to link it
stratcat96
** Valued Community Member **

Postby kc8pql » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:40 pm

...or do a factory re-set from the settings menu. You'll have to re-link all your accounts though.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion