Filmon TV channel not working

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Filmon TV channel not working

Postby fallsmatt » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:30 am

I haven't been able to get any of the channels working on my Roku's Filmon channel. I've tried almost all of the 'stations' on Filmon and none of them work. Prior to this, the channel had been working fine for weeks.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
fallsmatt

Re: Filmon TV channel not working

Postby stratcat96 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:27 pm

fallsmatt wrote:I haven't been able to get any of the channels working on my Roku's Filmon channel. I've tried almost all of the 'stations' on Filmon and none of them work. Prior to this, the channel had been working fine for weeks.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

the filmon channel is flakey because not even being an official channel its sort of like being "pirated" for lack of a better term. If there are problems with it its the content provider, and really nothing the developer, theendless, has control over. He does great with what he has to work with, but in the end its all up to what he has to work with.
stratcat96
** Valued Community Member **

Postby zwosh » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:37 pm

I know that they recently went from being all free to subscription-based. That could have something to do with it.

I don't remember seeing it in the Channel Store... is it a private channel?
zwosh

Postby kc8pql » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:18 pm

zwosh wrote:... is it a private channel?

Yes.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql

Postby fallsmatt » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:54 pm

I liked Filmon because it did give us Roku users access to some very good content (even if the audio was flakey). I hope there is an attempt to fix it so that it is working.

My basic question is whether or not this is happening to everyone else...
fallsmatt

Postby TheEndless » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:08 pm

It is. Prior to yesterday, FilmOn were limiting the streams to 5 minutes as a preview for free accounts. Yesterday(?) they made a change that completely broke the channel.
I don't think it's worth working on updating it to support 5 minute previews, and with the audio sync issues, it's not really worth it for me to purchase a subscription to get it working with paid accounts, either. If there's sufficient interest, and someone wants to buy me a subscription (:P), then I'll see what I can do, but at the moment, I don't see much point.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Twitch.tv (TWITCHTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless

Postby fallsmatt » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Thanks for getting it up and running for as long as it was, Endless. I really liked the channel!

I did kinda like jumping to the BBC channel to catch up on the news (even if it was just for 5 minutes at a time, which has been my experience ever since I added the channel 2 or 3 weeks ago). If you have the time and the interest, I'd be happy if you could get it back to even the 5 minutes at a time condition.
fallsmatt

Postby TheEndless » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:21 pm

fallsmatt wrote:Thanks for getting it up and running for as long as it was, Endless. I really liked the channel!

I did kinda like jumping to the BBC channel to catch up on the news (even if it was just for 5 minutes at a time, which has been my experience ever since I added the channel 2 or 3 weeks ago). If you have the time and the interest, I'd be happy if you could get it back to even the 5 minutes at a time condition.

See... now you're making me feel all guilty about abandoning it.. :P
I'll see what I can do... *sigh*
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Twitch.tv (TWITCHTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless

Postby jhernes » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:32 pm

TheEndless wrote:
fallsmatt wrote:Thanks for getting it up and running for as long as it was, Endless. I really liked the channel!

See... now you're making me feel all guilty about abandoning it.. :P
I'll see what I can do... *sigh*

For the first time...you got busted!.. :lol:
ROKU MODEL: N1000 - Decommissioned, HD 2000C-00 - Decommissioned, XS 3100R - Visio 50, R3 4200R - Samsung LN55
jhernes

Postby TheEndless » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:23 pm

Ok... it should be "working" again. Visit the channel store to get the new version.
TheEndless

Postby fallsmatt » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:14 pm

Thank you very much Endless for getting it up and running again!!! I was able to check in on the BBC a couple times today thanks to your work. I couldn't believe you could get it done that quickly!
fallsmatt

Postby TheEndless » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:35 pm

fallsmatt wrote:Thank you very much Endless for getting it up and running again!!! I was able to check in on the BBC a couple times today thanks to your work. I couldn't believe you could get it done that quickly!

I have a hard time turning down a challenge ;)
You should also now be able to restart the stream again from the same channel session. No need to exit and re-enter.
TheEndless

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion