FNG question.. what is the monthly cost?

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

FNG question.. what is the monthly cost?

Postby blue pilot » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:57 pm

Ok..
I have been cable/dish less for about a year now and although I enjoy my PBS shows and the occasional network program, I am hungry for TV again.. I refuse to pay for the satanic comcast monopoly so I am considering ROKU.

My biggest question is about the channels... Does each channel require a separate monthly payment?

Do all the channels have a fee?

I already have Netflix through my Wii and Blue-ray player... what is the total monthly cost to have and use the ROKU with a wide selection of channels?

Thanks

Blue Pilot
blue pilot

Re: FNG question.. what is the monthly cost?

Postby mikebdoss » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:19 pm

blue pilot wrote:Ok..
I have been cable/dish less for about a year now and although I enjoy my PBS shows and the occasional network program, I am hungry for TV again.. I refuse to pay for the satanic comcast monopoly so I am considering ROKU.

My biggest question is about the channels... Does each channel require a separate monthly payment?

Do all the channels have a fee?

I already have Netflix through my Wii and Blue-ray player... what is the total monthly cost to have and use the ROKU with a wide selection of channels?

Thanks

Blue Pilot

Once you buy the unit, there aren't any additional fees from Roku - that's it. Many channels (especially those with premium content) require a fee, but you've already got the major one, Netflix. The other "major" players are Hulu+ ($8/month) and Amazon Video on Demand (varies - $0.99 and up, PPV). You don't need to have any channels you don't want, however - many people exist solely paying for Netflix, and nothing else.

That said, there are many dozens of free channels, with a variety of content. There are also many "private" channels, those created by the public but available by adding them independent to your Roku via your online account. The vast majority of those are free, and have a great amount of content as well.
mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion