[Private Channel] Justin.tv (JUSTINTV) - Updated 12/6/2012

Moderators: RokuShawnS, RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

[Private Channel] Justin.tv (JUSTINTV) - Updated 12/6/2012

Postby TheEndless » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:44 pm

The channel never had an official thread, so I thought I'd start one with this update. The original discussion can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=32176

Justin.tv recently added some high definition and higher bitrate streams to their Roku compatible streams. At the moment, most of these are restricted to the Featured and Gaming genres, but that may expand in the future. This new update includes support for those higher bitrate streams as well as some additional tweaks (ex. optimization of stream initialization, ability to changed streams from the stream details screen, general optimization).

If you already have the channel installed, a visit to the channel store should automatically download the update. If you don't currently have the channel installed, you can do so via this link: https://owner.roku.com/add/JustinTV

You can also visit my website for information on each of my channels: http://www.permanence.com/roku
I've also set up a Twitter account for my development updates, if you're interested: http://www.twitter.com/TheEndlessDev

Thanks!

Some screenshots...

Last edited by TheEndless on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Justin.tv (JUSTINTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: [Private Channel] Justin.tv (JUSTINTV) - Updated

Postby candita » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:30 pm

TY Endless for all the work you do..your wonderful in answering questions & concerns we have & keeping your channels up to date..it's all very much appreciated :D
candita

Postby tobarefeet » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:04 pm

One of my favorite Justintv stations on the PC is a wildearth.tv, broadcast live from a South Africa preserve where the game ranger has a web cam and talks and answers questions. Is there a way we could get that on Justintv on Roku?
tobarefeet

Postby TheEndless » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:18 pm

It's actually already on there, though it doesn't have a very high quality stream. It's on page two under the Animals category at the moment (or you can search for "wildearth"), though it seems Justin.tv is having some issues with their system right now, so I can't get it to play. I'd recommend finding it, adding it to your favorites, and trying it again later.
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Justin.tv (JUSTINTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless

Postby tobarefeet » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:22 pm

TheEndless wrote:It's actually already on there, though it doesn't have a very high quality stream. It's on page two under the Animals category at the moment (or you can search for "wildearth"), though it seems Justin.tv is having some issues with their system right now, so I can't get it to play. I'd recommend finding it, adding it to your favorites, and trying it again later.

Okay. I was trying to watch it on PC and it was glitching. When not glitching, it's shocking how good the quality is live from the safari using Justintv on PC. I email questions to the ranger and he answers live using my name within 2-3 minutes usually.
tobarefeet

Postby jsf539 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:41 pm

Since loading the update, I can't play shows in my "Favorites." I have to go to each location's folder to play them.
jsf539

Postby candita » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:18 pm

jsf539 wrote:Since loading the update, I can't play shows in my "Favorites." I have to go to each location's folder to play them.

same here :-(
candita

Postby TheEndless » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:51 pm

jsf539 wrote:Since loading the update, I can't play shows in my "Favorites." I have to go to each location's folder to play them.
candita wrote:same here :-(

Oops! Should be fixed now. Revisit the channel store to update. Sorry about that! :oops:
TheEndless

Postby BoloMKXXVIII » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:30 am

TheEndless wrote:
candita wrote:same here :-(

Oops! Should be fixed now. Revisit the channel store to update. Sorry about that! :oops:

I think they will forgive you. :D
The NSA is the largest criminal organization in the United States.

** Non-valued Community Member **
BoloMKXXVIII

Postby jsf539 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:25 am

Thanks, TheEndless!

I appreciate everything you do on Roku.
jsf539

Postby vnzjunk » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:18 am

tobarefeet wrote:
TheEndless wrote:It's actually already on there, though it doesn't have a very high quality stream. It's on page two under the Animals category at the moment (or you can search for "wildearth"), though it seems Justin.tv is having some issues with their system right now, so I can't get it to play. I'd recommend finding it, adding it to your favorites, and trying it again later.

Okay. I was trying to watch it on PC and it was glitching. When not glitching, it's shocking how good the quality is live from the safari using Justintv on PC. I email questions to the ranger and he answers live using my name within 2-3 minutes usually.

Code: Select all
[u]I watched that show a couple of times and it seemed as though the vid feed would be fine while he was stationary but if he was on the move it was like he hit deadspots and the vid would miss a few frames.  Not much of a problem tho, good action program.[/u]
vnzjunk

Postby azboo13 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:47 am

Endless your awesome, My favorite channel on my Roku. Thanks Again.
azboo13

Postby jwbowers » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Newbie here with the Roku and Justin.tv, so forgive me if my question has already been answered.

There's a particular channel that I've grown fond of on justin.tv. When I stream it on my computer, it's HD or near HD quality. In fact, it looks spectacular. When I stream that same channel on my TV via the Roku the resolution is very poor (i.e. one dot). Shouldn't the quality be comparable since it's the same stream?

I'm running version 1.8 of the private channel on my Roku.

Any insight would be appreciated. TIA.
jwbowers

Postby jhanson » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:07 pm

jwbowers wrote:Newbie here with the Roku and Justin.tv, so forgive me if my question has already been answered.

There's a particular channel that I've grown fond of on justin.tv. When I stream it on my computer, it's HD or near HD quality. In fact, it looks spectacular. When I stream that same channel on my TV via the Roku the resolution is very poor (i.e. one dot). Shouldn't the quality be comparable since it's the same stream?

I'm running version 1.8 of the private channel on my Roku.

Any insight would be appreciated. TIA.

The quality is lower on Roku because the only Roku-compatible streams are the iPhone/iPad ones, which are lower bitrate/resolution than the ones you are using on the pc.
jhanson

Postby krisbee » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:20 pm

I do notice that the channel is a bit "glitchier" on the roku2, though. I can watch the franktaylorlifecast fine on my older HD model, but on the new XD, it won't always connect. Same is true for other streams as well.
krisbee

Next

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion