Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live TV Channels Streaming

Hi EveryOne Please help me out ...
We are streamin some TV channels through my website (http://www.teluguone.com/tv/). I want to start the channel in roku by giving all these TV channels. Right now we are using Bitgravity CDN and their software for delivering content in web and streaming channels. Some of the channels are also coming from FMLE (Flash Media Live Encoder) by using our internal Flash media server and Bitgravity CDN. How do stream these channels in Roku, what is the format I need to follow...I have figured one Roku Channel for our VOD content. All These TV channels are live streaming channels with 24/7 availability.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
jbrave
Channel Surfer

Re: Live TV Channels Streaming

Hi,

If you download the SDK from roku.com you will get an endoding guide in a .PDF which explains most of what you need to know. The Roku can play mp4, and certain types of windows media. For live streaming the Roku uses http live streaming.

- Joel
Screenshades: The first Screensaver for Roku2!
Musiclouds: The best free internet music, on your Roku!
Ouroborialis: Psychedelic Screensaver for Roku!
0 Kudos

Thank you.. I have gone through, my sterams are coming in MP3. Is it necessary to change to AAC
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

Mp3 is fine, possibly works better than AAC, there have been reports of some problems with AAC, not sure if they have been fixed in the current release.

- Joel
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

If you mean the audio stream that is embedded in the video stream, I don't know the answer to that one. If you mean pure streaming audio with no video, that is what I was talking about.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Visitor

HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) requires AAC audio.
0 Kudos

"RokuPatrick" wrote:
HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) requires AAC audio.

Hi Patrik,
What is the streaming process, right now we are capturing and delivering the streams through Flash Media Live encoder(FMLE). Is it sufficient or any other mechnism ????? If FMLE is enough what is the next steps!!! Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
jbrave
Channel Surfer

I'm not sure what the capabilities of fthat encoder are but you need to encode h.264 mp4 format. Roku won't play flash files, generally speaking. Read the encoding guide in the Roku SDK. Also check out some of the recent threads like this one: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=34712
0 Kudos

"venkatadpvusala" wrote:
We are streamin some TV channels through my website (http://www.teluguone.com/tv/). I want to start the channel in roku by giving all these TV channels. Right now we are using Bitgravity CDN and their software for delivering content in web and streaming channels. Some of the channels are also coming from FMLE (Flash Media Live Encoder) by using our internal Flash media server and Bitgravity CDN. How do stream these channels in Roku, what is the format I need to follow...I have figured one Roku Channel for our VOD content. All These TV channels are live streaming channels with 24/7 availability.

Venkata, when you will release the roku for teluguone.com. We are waiting for that.
0 Kudos
arifimam
Visitor

"venkatadpvusala" wrote:

Contact dyyno.com they offers services to stream live on roku
0 Kudos