Hulu Plus show not showing up in queue

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Hulu Plus show not showing up in queue

Postby patfurg » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:03 pm

If I log into hulu on my computer, I show an unwatched episode of House in my queue.
If I log into hulu on my roku player and look at the main Hulu screen where it lists what I guess are the top 6 or so shows in the "coverflow" style, I see that same episode of House available and can watch it by selecting it.
But if I go to my queue it shows "House" listed, but when I select it to play the episode, it says "0 Episodes" and doesn't have anything for me to watch. If I then go to the subscriptions to see the episodes it does not show the most recent episode.

What gives?

I'm new to this whole thing so I apologize if this is a dumb question.
patfurg

Re: Hulu Plus show not showing up in queue

Postby texashildy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:17 pm

I'm still pretty new, so I don't know if it is a common issue... But I'm having the same issue with "The Cape," so you aren't alone.

How long ago did the "House" episode show live on TV? You might try again tomorrow.
Cable Cut Feb. 1, 2011 & not looking back
Roku 3, Roku XDS, & OTA via outdoor antenna
Netflix since 2007, Amazon Prime since 2012
Yes, I have Hulu+ & I like it, thank you very much.
texashildy

Postby patfurg » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:34 pm

House was on last night (monday) and it's still not there 26-ish hours after it aired. I would suspect a delay like that except that I can access the episode online and via the main hulu plus screen.
patfurg

Postby DaBronx » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:37 pm

Some of the Hulu+ content is "web only" and not available to streaming devices like Roku or PS3 and will only play on a computer.

I am not familiar with the show mentioned but if you check online with your computer you will notice the "web only" notice if it applies.

Peace

brett
Roku2 XS #13A164000326, Roku3, Roku1, wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 100 mb cable broadband, Samsung 50" 720p plasma tv, (Subscriber- Hulu+, Netflix, HBOGO, EPIX HD, 2014 MLB.TV Premium)
DaBronx
** Valued Community Member **

Postby scyber » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:49 am

I'm having the same issue with The Cape and No Ordinary Family this week. Both appear in my Roku queue with 0 shows listed. Both say available in HD and on TV when I look in my web queue. This is definitely a new bug, this never happened before.
scyber

Postby patfurg » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:38 pm

House showed up today. not sure why the delay.
patfurg

Postby kc8pql » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:40 pm

patfurg wrote:House showed up today. not sure why the delay.

...only Hulu knows.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Postby mkiker2089 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:53 pm

House was there all along, just not in your queue. I watched it really early Tuesday (6 a.m. I think) because it was on the home screen. I never did receive the email to tell me about it. I think they are having issues again.

Has anyone else seen the newest shows not having times listed or show names when the show starts. It means you can't FF, rewind, or even resume the show.

Also has anyone seen The Daily Show or Colbert Report? They haven't added new shows to those two since Thursday.

As far as the original issue (queue delay) I've been having that since day one, but it's intermittent. Instead I scroll to the subscriptions are and there it will list all shows from the current season. I check that after I know a show aired to keep from having to wait.

Another thing, is anyone else seeing older episodes returning to your queue? Something weird is going on with Modern Family. Shows from the mid season kept re-appearing and I kept getting emails telling me they were new.
-Marshall-

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089

Postby Beanie08 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:10 pm

mkiker2089 wrote:Also has anyone seen The Daily Show or Colbert Report? They haven't added new shows to those two since Thursday.

They're not live this week, last Thursday were the last new episodes
Beanie08

Postby scyber » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:05 pm

mkiker2089 wrote:As far as the original issue (queue delay) I've been having that since day one, but it's intermittent. Instead I scroll to the subscriptions are and there it will list all shows from the current season. I check that after I know a show aired to keep from having to wait.

Actually both the OP and I were experiencing issues where the episode wasn't even listed in the subscriptions area.
scyber

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion