Lost Amazon channel

Moderators: RokuShawnS, RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Lost Amazon channel

Postby poryorick » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:36 am

Since the addition of Amazon Prime, my Amazon channel has disappeared, and I've not been able to get it added again. I'd appreciate any help on this; I've purchased films and shows from Amazon, and have no interest in watching them on my laptop. Suggestions on how to fix the problem from Amazon customer support have been useless (remove channel, leave store, return and re-add). I've also removed, left store, returned and re-added, then "go to channel" at which point I get a pop-up telling me to go to settings and check my network connection, which is excellent. If it helps, I believe I have model XR (at work currently).
poryorick

Re: Lost Amazon channel

Postby poryorick » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:28 pm

For follow up, I've been on chat with Tom at Roku about this, and follow his instructions (below) with no results. Anyone else have any ideas?

Let's repeat guided setup. From the Roku home screen, select settings > network, then click on repeat guided setup.

Do the Repeat guided setup, then you will get the Amazon VOD Icon click on the Icon and Follow the instruction

Unfortunately, when I get to the point of finishing the guided setup, no Amazon VOD icon appears.
poryorick

Postby kumasuki » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:39 pm

Have you tried unregistering/re-registering your Roku within your Amazon account?
--------------------------------------
Roku XDS; DSM-520; HDX1000 w/1TB drive; Neuros; Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR; HDHomeRun; Vudu; VuNow HD; Boxee Box
kumasuki

Postby poryorick » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:54 pm

Thanks for being the first to offer a suggestion on this. Unfortunately, after un-registering, removing the channel (which isn't visible anyway), re-adding the channel (which still doesn't appear in my list), there's no way to re-register since I can't access Amazon through Roku.

I appreciate the suggestion. I guess I should feel special in the sense that this seems not to have happened to anyone else. :shock:
poryorick

Postby kumasuki » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:22 pm

poryorick wrote:Unfortunately, after un-registering .....
.......there's no way to re-register since I can't access Amazon through Roku.

Doe this comment refer to 'unregistering' the device on the Amazon website?? When you enter the Roku channel store isn't the Amazon channel there? - you previously mentioned being able to re-add the Amazon channel (but failing in being able to "go to" it). If the device is registered anew on Amazon you should be prompted to enter a code displayed on the TV when adding the channel.

I suggest:
- Going into the RoKu channel store, clicking on Amazon then clicking on "remove channel" (if the only option is "add" skip to next step)
- Going to Amazon website (with link in earlier post) and unregistering the Rolu from your Amazon account (do NOT re-register yet)
- Going back to Roku channel store, clicking on Amazon then clicking on a "add channel"
- You should get a message about registering the device on Amazon and seeing a new code displayed.
- Going back to Amazon and registering the Roku and inserting the displayed code.
- If the Roku is still in the channel store do not use "go to channel"' instead, exit the channel store - find the Amazon icon and try to launch the channel.
Roku XDS; DSM-520; HDX1000 w/1TB drive; Neuros; Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR; HDHomeRun; Vudu; VuNow HD; Boxee Box
kumasuki

Postby poryorick » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:07 am

Doe this comment refer to 'unregistering' the device on the Amazon website??

Yep.
When you enter the Roku channel store isn't the Amazon channel there?

It is. It just doesn't show up in my channels when I add it.
If the device is registered anew on Amazon you should be prompted to enter a code displayed on the TV when adding the channel.

This is not happening. Instead, it's just giving me the channel added screen.

I'll give your suggestion a try and see what happens. Thanks for your help.
poryorick

Postby poryorick » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:29 am

kumasuki wrote:
I suggest:
- Going into the RoKu channel store, clicking on Amazon then clicking on "remove channel" (if the only option is "add" skip to next step)
- Going to Amazon website (with link in earlier post) and unregistering the Rolu from your Amazon account (do NOT re-register yet)
- Going back to Roku channel store, clicking on Amazon then clicking on a "add channel"
- You should get a message about registering the device on Amazon and seeing a new code displayed.
- Going back to Amazon and registering the Roku and inserting the displayed code.
- If the Roku is still in the channel store do not use "go to channel"' instead, exit the channel store - find the Amazon icon and try to launch the channel.

No luck. Unfortunately, after I un-registered last night, there's no way to re-register since I get no screen with the Amazon registration code, so I can't really follow your suggestion step-by-step anyway. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

I'm verging on giving up. Sort of a bummer that the neither Roku nor Amazon support can figure out the problem; I've lost a little faith in the product.
poryorick

Postby kumasuki » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:54 pm

poryorick wrote:I get no screen with the Amazon registration code

I hadn't realized up till now that you weren't getting a code displayed on the TV - I'm pretty certain that the box interacts directly with an Amazon server to generate that code (you could PM a moderator to confirm this). I suspect the issue lies with the Amazon server - however it might be that Roku isn't identifying itself properly (but if that were the case why would you have other channels like Netflix OK??). Amazon has a 'dept/group' devoted to supporting (or at least dealing with) the Roku - have you tried to get thru to someone in that group directly? (might have to do a little bullying over the phone - insist on speaking to supervisors etc).
kumasuki

Postby rokewl » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:16 pm

The Channel Store also has an option to go directly to the channel... you could try that... sucks it's not on the main menu but maybe you can still access it this way for now?
rokewl

Postby poryorick » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:23 pm

rokewl wrote:The Channel Store also has an option to go directly to the channel... you could try that... sucks it's not on the main menu but maybe you can still access it this way for now?

When I do this I get the check network settings popup that I mentioned earlier in the thread.
poryorick

Postby poryorick » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:24 pm

kumasuki wrote:
poryorick wrote:I get no screen with the Amazon registration code

I hadn't realized up till now that you weren't getting a code displayed on the TV - I'm pretty certain that the box interacts directly with an Amazon server to generate that code (you could PM a moderator to confirm this). I suspect the issue lies with the Amazon server - however it might be that Roku isn't identifying itself properly (but if that were the case why would you have other channels like Netflix OK??). Amazon has a 'dept/group' devoted to supporting (or at least dealing with) the Roku - have you tried to get thru to someone in that group directly? (might have to do a little bullying over the phone - insist on speaking to supervisors etc).

I'll give this a try at some point. Amazon is not central to my use, but it kind of sucks not to be able to rent VOD right now.
poryorick

Postby SuetyStanes » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:45 pm

I don't think you have to register with Amazon in order to see or enter the channel, I think that only happens when you try to access your video library or rent/purchase something...if it's not linked yet.

How many channels to you have loaded?
SuetyStanes

Postby poryorick » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 pm

SuetyStanes wrote:I don't think you have to register with Amazon in order to see or enter the channel, I think that only happens when you try to access your video library or rent/purchase something...if it's not linked yet.

How many channels to you have loaded?

Off the top of my head, about 15.
poryorick

Postby Mr Cowboy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:15 pm

Did u try reboot to factory defaults?
Mr Cowboy

Postby kumasuki » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:37 pm

People! Before making comments/suggestions, please read ALL of the thread - asking redundant questions that are already answered goes no where.
kumasuki

Next

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion