EMAIL ADDRESS

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

EMAIL ADDRESS

Postby CLEM » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:31 pm

I just received my roku player today.I'm trying to set it up but I went to roku.com to put in the code that appered on my screen for some reason it does'nt match what roku has.Even though I have received emails from roku.They prompt me to look in settings on my roku player and it will show me the email address they have for me.I can't seem to find the settings menu to locate the email address.Can someone please help me with this?thanks
CLEM

Re: EMAIL ADDRESS

Postby kumasuki » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:35 pm

In the Roku main menu (on the TV screen) click on "settings" and then click on "player info" and you will see your e-mail address listed.
--------------------------------------
Roku XDS; DSM-520; HDX1000 w/1TB drive; Neuros; Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR; HDHomeRun; Vudu; VuNow HD; Boxee Box
kumasuki

Postby destruk » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:37 pm

Settings should be the far left icon on the home screen. Within settings, you see network, display type, audio mode, sound effects, screensaver, time settings, netflix settings, player info, factory reset, -- select Player Info and it shows you the email address the box is linked to. If the email address isn't yours, do a factory reset or use the paperclip on the reset hole on the box and try running through the initial setup again - all this means is you got the box 'used'.
destruk

Postby CLEM » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:53 pm

destruk wrote:Settings should be the far left icon on the home screen. Within settings, you see network, display type, audio mode, sound effects, screensaver, time settings, netflix settings, player info, factory reset, -- select Player Info and it shows you the email address the box is linked to. If the email address isn't yours, do a factory reset or use the paperclip on the reset hole on the box and try running through the initial setup again - all this means is you got the box 'used'.

I reset the roku but the only screen that comes up says welcome to the roku player set up should only take 5min.When I press ok it sends me to the screen that gives me a code to enter at roku.com.I dont see anything about player info'?
CLEM

Postby kc8pql » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:03 pm

The reset wiped everything out. You're now back to factory conditions and ready to do the setup. Just follow the directions on the screen.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Postby CLEM » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:11 pm

kc8pql wrote:The reset wiped everything out. You're now back to factory conditions and ready to do the setup. Just follow the directions on the screen.

This is the same screen i left before I reset the roku.
CLEM

Postby kc8pql » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:17 pm

Have you set up an account here:
https://owner.roku.com/
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
kc8pql

Postby CLEM » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:25 pm

kc8pql wrote:Have you set up an account here:
https://owner.roku.com/

Yes but my email address is not mathcing what roku has on file even though I have received emails from them.So I'm not able to access my account that is why im trying to see what email they have for me on the roku player itself.This is what the prompt said to do (on my computer).Said go to the settings look for player info.Nothing on the screen I see says that.
CLEM

Postby kc8pql » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:29 pm

Well, if it was me, I'd just set up another account and move on.
kc8pql

Postby CLEM » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:31 pm

kc8pql wrote:Well, if it was me, I'd just set up another account and move on.

OK THANK U
CLEM

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion