"DesiFlicks" and "Bollywood Nirvana" are not working

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

"DesiFlicks" and "Bollywood Nirvana" are not working

Postby feebar » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:20 am

I switched the firmware to 1553 from 1529 yesterday and I can no longer make "DesiFlicks" work. The retrieving bar starts a bit and then stalls for any of the movies. I cannot watch any movies on "Bollywood Nirvana" either . .Not sure if it's just a coincidence or a problem with the latest firmware. Any anyone else observed similar issues??
feebar
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: "DesiFlicks" and "Bollywood Nirvana" are not working

Postby lisak » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:33 am

Are those pay services?

The free feeds through Telugu TV are not working anymore either. :( The retrieving bar starts and then dumps you back to the Telugu menu screen.
lisak
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: "DesiFlicks" and "Bollywood Nirvana" are not working

Postby SUNAFI » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:35 pm

feebar wrote:I switched the firmware to 1553 from 1529 yesterday and I can no longer make "DesiFlicks" work. The retrieving bar starts a bit and then stalls for any of the movies. I cannot watch any movies on "Bollywood Nirvana" either . .Not sure if it's just a coincidence or a problem with the latest firmware. Any anyone else observed similar issues??


I am also having same issue..... :( :evil:
SUNAFI
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: "DesiFlicks" and "Bollywood Nirvana" are not working

Postby jazzy4 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:50 am

Bollywood Nirvana is not working for me, either. Desiflix is working, but the Hindi channel doesn't load.
jazzy4
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:37 am

Re: "DesiFlicks" and "Bollywood Nirvana" are not working

Postby lisak » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:00 am

jazzy4 wrote:Bollywood Nirvana is not working for me, either. Desiflix is working, but the Hindi channel doesn't load.


Same here on the Desiflix, the Hindi channel is not loading but the others are.

Is Bollywood Nirvana (when it's working) worth the subscription price? How many movies do they have?
lisak
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: "DesiFlicks" and "Bollywood Nirvana" are not working

Postby jazzy4 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:48 pm

lisak wrote:Is Bollywood Nirvana (when it's working) worth the subscription price? How many movies do they have?


BN is a free channel...or at least I haven't seen anything about subscription prices. Based on what I've seen of BN thus far, I wouldn't consider paying for it. It has about 40 movies, mainly older titles. If you don't understand Hindi, very few are subtitled.
jazzy4
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:37 am

Re: "DesiFlicks" and "Bollywood Nirvana" are not working

Postby sriram7 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:24 pm

Same Here. Desiflix was not working for hindi channels so I wanted to remove it and add it again.
I removed the Desiflix from my channels and went to the channel store to add. Now I don't have it in the channel store to add it again. Does anybody have the Channel code to add it back again?

Called the roku support and asked them for the code. They looked at the channel store and provided no help but said to google it to find the site.

Did try the Roku support chat and it might be Netflix he said and did not wvwn know about the desiflix.
sriram7
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:19 pm

Re: "DesiFlicks" and "Bollywood Nirvana" are not working

Postby lisak » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:59 pm

jazzy4 wrote:
lisak wrote:Is Bollywood Nirvana (when it's working) worth the subscription price? How many movies do they have?


BN is a free channel...or at least I haven't seen anything about subscription prices. Based on what I've seen of BN thus far, I wouldn't consider paying for it. It has about 40 movies, mainly older titles. If you don't understand Hindi, very few are subtitled.


Okay, thanks for the info. When I tried to add it the other day, it had a code and the website address for the code indicated it was a subscription service. I think maybe these channels are not totally "legal" and thus messed up now.
lisak
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: "DesiFlicks" and "Bollywood Nirvana" are not working

Postby RokuPatrick » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:06 pm

sriram7 wrote:Same Here. Desiflix was not working for hindi channels so I wanted to remove it and add it again.
I removed the Desiflix from my channels and went to the channel store to add. Now I don't have it in the channel store to add it again. Does anybody have the Channel code to add it back again?

Called the roku support and asked them for the code. They looked at the channel store and provided no help but said to google it to find the site.

Did try the Roku support chat and it might be Netflix he said and did not wvwn know about the desiflix.


Desiflix is not currently available. We hope it will be back soon.
Patrick
Roku Developer Program Manager
User avatar
RokuPatrick
 
Posts: 3807
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:46 pm
Location: Saratoga, CA

Re: "DesiFlicks" and "Bollywood Nirvana" are not working

Postby sonika94587 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:12 pm

How to signup for Bollywood nirvana channel? I used the instructions on Roku player screen but there is no website found? The link website is working but its not letting me link the device.

Please tell me which website you used for register?

thanks
sonika
sonika94587
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:02 pm

Re: "DesiFlicks" and "Bollywood Nirvana" are not working

Postby RokuPatrick » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:22 pm

Desiflix is now back in the channel store.

Both Desiflix and YuppTV are working fine for me. Please check with the latest firmware. If you haven't upgraded, you can do so in settings->Player Info
Patrick
Roku Developer Program Manager
User avatar
RokuPatrick
 
Posts: 3807
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:46 pm
Location: Saratoga, CA

Re: "DesiFlicks" and "Bollywood Nirvana" are not working

Postby jazzy4 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:24 pm

Looks like Desiflix dropped the Hindi movies :?
jazzy4
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:37 am

Re: "DesiFlicks" and "Bollywood Nirvana" are not working

Postby hmanish72 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:30 pm

Looks like DesiFlix is not legal - look at all the DVD rips they have on the channel ( and they want to charge you $4.99 for the pirated content)
I think its not long before this channel disappears :-)
hmanish72
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: "DesiFlicks" and "Bollywood Nirvana" are not working

Postby feebar » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:28 pm

I do not mind if a channel comes along which can bring us legal new hindi movies and charges $1.99 or so...even if its delayed by a week or so to its world wide release
feebar
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: "DesiFlicks" and "Bollywood Nirvana" are not working

Postby kingfisher1111 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:51 pm

If u don't want to watch don't watch it. Leave others.
kingfisher1111
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:05 am

Next

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: godthisblows, mjpm, ScoJoh, tkfan75 and 31 guests