MLB.tv on two Roku's at the same time?

Moderators: RokuShawnS, RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

MLB.tv on two Roku's at the same time?

Postby Buzzatronic » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:30 pm

I'm considering getting MLB.tv and wanna know if it can be used on two Roku's at the same time, so me and my girlfriend can watch two different games in two different rooms.

We can currently do this with Netflix and HuluPlus so I suspect it will be fine with MLB.tv as well, but wanted to make sure before dropping the $$$ on a subscription.
Buzzatronic

Re: MLB.tv on two Roku's at the same time?

Postby DaBronx » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:59 pm

Buzzatronic wrote:I'm considering getting MLB.tv and wanna know if it can be used on two Roku's at the same time, so me and my girlfriend can watch two different games in two different rooms.

We can currently do this with Netflix and HuluPlus so I suspect it will be fine with MLB.tv as well, but wanted to make sure before dropping the $$$ on a subscription.

I have seen that question a few times but never a definitive answer.

I have had good luck emailing questions to mlb and usually get a response within 48 hours. They have a phone number also but I prefer a written record of the conversation. Here is the contact info, "If you have any questions please contact Customer Service at 866-800-1275 or e-Mail customerservice@website.mlb.com"

When you get an answer hopefully you will share it with all of us.

Peace

brett
Roku2 XS #13A164000326, Roku3, Roku1, wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 100 mb cable broadband, Samsung 50" 720p plasma tv, (Subscriber- Hulu+, Netflix, HBOGO, EPIX HD, 2014 MLB.TV Premium)
DaBronx
** Valued Community Member **

Postby Buzzatronic » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:03 pm

Well looks like I have bad news. The folks at MLB.tv responded with this:

Unfortunately, You can only sign in on your account on one device at the same time. If you are going to login on 2 different device at the same time there is a possibility that your account login will be locked out.

Anyone with the typical cable TV based MLB package know if you are also prevented from watching on two different TVs in your house?
Buzzatronic

Postby davetroy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:18 pm

Interesting that this question came up today. I asked Roku live support whether a single MLB subscription will work on two separate TVs, and she said yes after checking it out. What I didn't ask was whether you can watch two different games on two diferent TVs at the same time (something I would never do). I know that on Direct TV, you can watch different games on different TVs.
davetroy

Postby GlennDio » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:13 pm

I have had games up on 2 PCs at a time on MLB.TV and it never was a problem ... I think people used to "illegally" put 5 on an account because 6 was the max you could have going simultaneously so my hunch is you will be fine with one subscription and 2 ROKUs ...unless of course MLB.TV changes the rules this year..
GlennDio

Postby West Ham » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:34 pm

I have split this between 4 other people and there has never been a problem
West Ham

Postby Chuck_IV » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:54 am

Buzzatronic wrote:Well looks like I have bad news. The folks at MLB.tv responded with this:

Unfortunately, You can only sign in on your account on one device at the same time. If you are going to login on 2 different device at the same time there is a possibility that your account login will be locked out.

Anyone with the typical cable TV based MLB package know if you are also prevented from watching on two different TVs in your house?

Yea, I'm not sure about this either. I have had a game going on two different devices at the same time, using the same account. Now it was 2 different devices(a Samsung BD-C6900 BD player and a Boxee Box) not two of the same device. One thing I can't do tho is have MLB TV work from two different accounts on my Boxee Box. I have a Kids and Adult login for my Boxee. If I link my Adult login to MLB.TV, when I try to view games on the Kids ID, it will tell me to go to the Boxee website and relink the account.
Chuck_IV

Postby kringles » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:09 am

Had two Rokus, one Roku accont and one MLB account last season. Was able to watch the same game on both units or two different games (both simultaneous) last year. Know of no reason this this won't work this 2011 regular season. I will test this on opening day and will try to view on my PS3 at the same time also.
kringles

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion