Spanish Novelas Channel on Roku?

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Spanish Novelas Channel on Roku?

Postby CMart » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:08 pm

I know my wife would love to have a channel on our new Roku that shows the Spanish Telenovelas from Univision. I found this site on their site that seems to show full episodes of many of them and I was wondering if it were at all possible to have a Roku channel made for that. Is it possible to do? If so, how does one go about executing such a request?

Here is the site:
http://novelasyseries.univision.com/vid ... -completos

I did not see a comparable site for Telemundo's offerings, but there may very well be one.

My wife likes the idea of the Roku and I know having a Spanish Telenovela channel would really make her embrace it wholeheartedly. Plus, I would suspect there would be a few other Roku subscribers who would want it too,if not for themselves than for their significant others to bring them fully into the Roku fold. :)

Any thoughts?
CMart

Re: Spanish Novelas Channel on Roku?

Postby patchman » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:04 pm

+1 That would be awesome if it could be done.
patchman

Postby haydeecm » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:51 pm

+1 Here too. It'd be great when relatives come over. Univision doesn't come in well through my OTA antenna.
haydeecm

Postby princes69 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:26 am

I would love for Roku to start putting Spanish Novelas on the que. I have family that would gladly buy a Roku to watch TeleNovelas from Telemundo,Univision. :D :D :D :D :D
princes69

Postby CMart » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:09 pm

UPDATE: I posted my original post on the blog of the great Roku King NowhereMan (whom I believe - if I recall - is now also RokuChris) at the same time I posted it here; he replied to say to "[e]xpect some Univision content in Nowhere TV in a few days"!

Now I love you Roku guys even more! :)
CMart

Postby haydeecm » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:16 pm

I went in to Nowhere TV today, and was excited to see Univision was in there already. The only problem is that when I click on the videos, they just reload, they won't play for me. Otherwise I really appreciate the quick turnaround of Nowhere man.
haydeecm

Postby RokuChris » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:47 pm

Something on the back end changed. Not much I can do.
RokuChris

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion