Timeless Toons

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Re: Timeless Toons

Postby krisbee » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:30 am

To me, I like being able to watch a show when I want - is this channel only streaming a broadcast? Did I read that right? Because, that's why I paid for a DVR so I can watch what I want, when I want.

As an option, fine (or even a set of playlists), but if I want to see the Hulk, I would prefer the ability to go right to it.
krisbee

Postby kc8pql » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:55 am

krisbee wrote:- is this channel only streaming a broadcast? Did I read that right?

Yes, it's like turning on the TV to see what's on. I guess you could call it an internet broadcast.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Postby jp1 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:59 am

Is this channel 100% kid friendly content? There won't be any Anime or anything will there?

Also, what bitrate does it stream in. Hopefully something rather low...that would be good for the kid's room.
jp1

Postby kc8pql » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:21 pm

There's a post on the first page of this thread listing some of the content. Looks pretty kid friendly to me.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Postby SolveLLC » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:44 pm

jp1 wrote:Is this channel 100% kid friendly content? There won't be any Anime or anything will there?

Also, what bitrate does it stream in. Hopefully something rather low...that would be good for the kid's room.

It's kid friendly as long as falling anvils and cartoon bombs don't freak you out as a parent. It will stream all the way down to 600kbs so you should be fine.
SolveLLC

Postby kellsarah » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:50 pm

I like the content OK, I don't like that it is zoomed instead of kept in its original 4:3 format. The original content is poor enough resolution without being zoomed. Please fix this, Most TVs can zoom the content if the viewer wants to watch it that way, but it can't be unzoomed if it is streamed that way.
kellsarah

Postby SolveLLC » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:33 pm

kellsarah wrote:I like the content OK, I don't like that it is zoomed instead of kept in its original 4:3 format. The original content is poor enough resolution without being zoomed. Please fix this, Most TVs can zoom the content if the viewer wants to watch it that way, but it can't be unzoomed if it is streamed that way.

Send an email to support@flickstream.com. We'll send you a fix to the aspect ratio issue. See below. Just kidding, we'll talk about it internally.

SolveLLC

Postby kellsarah » Sun May 01, 2011 5:29 pm

Sent an email to support, I don't think I will continue to subscribe until picture quality is improved. Old cartoons streamed from Netflix, Hulu, or Crackle look great through the Roku. I have 20/200 vision without my glasses and the quality of this stream looks about the same with or without my glasses.
kellsarah

Previous

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion