[Private Channel] TV.com (No longer available)

Moderators: RokuShawnS, RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Re: [Private Channel] TV.com (TVCOM)

Postby mommom » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:55 pm

Until the developer comes along and gives you some advice or a fix,you could try fast forwarding or rewinding 3 or 4 short bursts and it usually fixes it when this happens for me.
mommom

Postby TheEndless » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:54 am

mommom wrote:Until the developer comes along and gives you some advice or a fix,you could try fast forwarding or rewinding 3 or 4 short bursts and it usually fixes it when this happens for me.

That would actually be the only advice I can give at this point. If you have the newer remote (which I doubt, if you have the $59.99 Roku), the Instant Replay button is the easiest way to restore audio sync.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Justin.tv (JUSTINTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Postby ApK » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:24 am

I<3cheapTV wrote:I have a new Roku, the $59.99 one. My TV.COM audio runs about 30 seconds off. I deleted all but a few channels and restarted. I have a basic tv on 4:3 and standard sound. Is there any fix for this? Most shows I watch are on CBS. I can't use PlayOn because my computer processor is too slow. Please let me know what I can do? Thank you!

I've not been having great luck with CBS shows in this channel recently, but the main sync issue seems to be that after each commercial break (or spot where one would have been) the audio drops out and looses sync before coming back on.

If I wait until I am far enough past it that I can hit the Instant Replay button without it taking me back in to the break area, then that restores the sync, at least until the next break. I assume just rewinding a second would work too, but the instant replay is much quicker and easier. The remote that comes with the $59.99 Roku doesn't have that button, but all the after market and web remotes provide it.

ApK
ApK

Re: [Private Channel] TV.com (TVCOM10)

Postby candita » Tue May 03, 2011 2:12 pm

Do we need to delete our channel & add it as that one Endless or is it the same channel just a different code now.
candita

Postby candita » Tue May 03, 2011 2:42 pm

Also Endless it's telling me that code is invalid
candita

Postby CalvinMcGowan » Tue May 03, 2011 3:50 pm

candita wrote:Also Endless it's telling me that code is invalid

The code ends with an O (oh) instead of a zero, which for me, is a head-scratcher, asking why?
CalvinMcGowan

Re: [Private Channel] TV.com (No longer available)

Postby TheEndless » Tue May 03, 2011 3:50 pm

Sorry, folks. My mistake. The channel has actually been pulled at the request of the content owners.
Last edited by TheEndless on Tue May 03, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Justin.tv (JUSTINTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless

Postby candita » Tue May 03, 2011 3:59 pm

Oh No...This is one of my favorite channels!! :-(
candita

Postby gonzotek » Tue May 03, 2011 4:05 pm

TheEndless wrote:Sorry, folks. My mistake. The channel has actually been pulled at the request of CBS.
Ah well, it was good while it lasted. Thanks for all the effort you put into it.
Remoku.tv - A free web app for Roku Remote Control!
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
by Apps4TV - Applications for television and beyond: http://www.apps4tv.com
gonzotek

Postby ApK » Tue May 03, 2011 5:48 pm

Aww. Now I won't see those shows...or the ads. Hopefully they'll figure out a way to get this audience back.
ApK

Postby catastrophegirl » Tue May 03, 2011 8:30 pm

oh what a shame. i'd be delighted if they'd make an official channel out of it. there's a lot of good stuff there.
N1000, roku1 XD/s, roku2 xs, roku3
wireless
speed range from ~18-20mbps
http://catastrophegirlsrokuchanneldata.blogspot.com/
twitter: catastrophegirl
PM or tweet me if you want a channel added to my list, a correction or to update a developers' credit
catastrophegirl

Postby tensen » Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 am

TheEndless wrote:Sorry, folks. My mistake. The channel has actually been pulled at the request of the content owners.

There goes one of my top 4 channels. Sad day indeed.
tensen

Postby Brotha » Wed May 04, 2011 6:33 am

TheEndless wrote:Sorry, folks. My mistake. The channel has actually been pulled at the request of the content owners.

Ever since they cancelled Medium I don't watch anything on CBS but if they got that thing to show full episodes of their CW shows, I would pay the same way I do for Hulu+

Is there anyway you can let them know that there are people who would pay for their content?
Roku XD│S, D-Link Boxee Box HD, Channel Master CM-7000PAL Antenna HD DVR, RadioShack Amplified HDTV Antenna, RCA VH915 4 X 1 S-Video Switcher, Actiontec GS503AD3B-01 DSL Modem & 4 Port Ethernet Router, HDMI to Composite S-video Adapter.
Brotha

Postby nnc3 » Wed May 04, 2011 9:16 am

I was able to use this channel yesterday. Was it pulled in the same way the YouTube channel was pulled, in other words, if you had it installed already, you can still use it? Or will the content eventually go away?
nnc3

Postby texashildy » Wed May 04, 2011 9:20 am

nnc3 wrote:I was able to use this channel yesterday. Was it pulled in the same way the YouTube channel was pulled, in other words, if you had it installed already, you can still use it? Or will the content eventually go away?

I wonder this too, because I can still get it to work as of right now.
Cable Cut Feb. 1, 2011 & not looking back
Roku 3, Roku XDS, & OTA via outdoor antenna
Netflix since 2007, Amazon Prime since 2012
Yes, I have Hulu+ & I like it, thank you very much.
texashildy

PreviousNext

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion