Discussions about Roku products, channels, and Roku-related topics.
Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen
Background information: I have an open unencrypted 802.11n wifi network on a Buffalo Nfiniti AirStation (WHR-HP-G300N) router connect to TWC Roadrunner Turbo. I have a PS3, desktop pc, laptop, iPhone, iPod touch and a Roku XR connecting fine without any issues. Along comes a new Roku XD I have added to this mix which is behaving badly by stalling during the inital buffering of any Netflix movie. It takes as much as 5 minutes (if ever) to get to the video playing. then almost immediately starts buffering again and will continue to do this indefinately. I thought I had purchased a bum unit from Best Buy so I exchanged it and made sure the next unit had an entirely different lot# so I didn't get one from the same batch.
Upon installation I had the same stalling issues so I tried the fowllowing things:
- swapped the new XD with my old XR and it the XR worked fine.
-Back to the XD and I tried a new hdmi cable (dynex with a generic one) and it still stalled.
- I tried the included rca cables and it works with no stalling. huh?
- So I went back to hdmi and changed the display setting from 1080 to 720 and it stalls.
- I changed the display setting to 480. No stalling. Then widescreen. No stalling. Netflix, Mymedia, Crackle. No stalling.
- Back to hdmi 1080. Stalling. Stalling. Stalling on everything.
I did some searching and found nothing so here I am. What is going on here? Why would the hi-def display settings on the Roku XD have any effect on the wifi connection?
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:54 am
You're not alone. My guess is that there is some kind of RF interference. Many have found that by going to channel 6 on Wireless G fixes it, but you're on N, so I'm not sure what to tell you. I'd try moving things around, maybe try it on its side, pray to the Gods of RF...
- ** Valued Community Member **
- Posts: 2511
- Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:35 pm
Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: 2pints and 14 guests