Where to get 'I Love Lucy'

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Where to get 'I Love Lucy'

Postby LoveWarrior » Thu May 19, 2011 3:48 pm

I'm new to Roku ... so, hello. I searched the forum, but did not find my answer. Hoping someone can help me find episode of 'I Love Lucy'. I tried Amazon Instant Video, but it says that, "Due to our licensing agreements this video is currently not available for purchase or rental." Does anyone know where I can get it? Thnaks for your help.
LoveWarrior
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: Where to get 'I Love Lucy'

Postby Gilgamesh » Thu May 19, 2011 4:53 pm

LoveWarrior wrote:I'm new to Roku ... so, hello. I searched the forum, but did not find my answer. Hoping someone can help me find episode of 'I Love Lucy'. I tried Amazon Instant Video, but it says that, "Due to our licensing agreements this video is currently not available for purchase or rental." Does anyone know where I can get it? Thnaks for your help.
It appears that Netflix has all the original for rent on disk.

As far as a streaming: Hulu (Not plus) seems to have the episodes as well. (Linked through CBS.)

Also Amazon does have it for sale: I Love Lucy: The Complete Series (1951)
http://www.amazon.com/I-Love-Lucy-Compl ... 313&sr=8-1
Gilgamesh
 
Posts: 4912
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:29 am
Location: Dayton TN

Re: Where to get 'I Love Lucy'

Postby cwniles » Fri May 20, 2011 10:05 am

ha, I love Lucy.....good times, good times. :)
Roku 2 XS>HDMI>Denon AVR-361>HDMI>Samsung 2333HD
Scientific Atlanta Cable Modem DPC2100R2 >Dynex DX-E402 Router (no wifi)
USB>Seagate Barracuda 7200 SATA 1TB in dock.
Roku S/N 13A16H000141
cwniles
 
Posts: 895
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:21 am
Location: Rhode Island

Re: Where to get 'I Love Lucy'

Postby robertm » Fri May 20, 2011 10:47 am

Which episode are you looking for? The one where she asks Ricky if she can perform, he says no, she and Ethyl do an elaborate scheme to change his mind, it blows up in their face, and she whines at the end?

Wait.
robertm
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: Where to get 'I Love Lucy'

Postby stratcat96 » Fri May 20, 2011 10:50 am

If you are getting your broadcast via OTA antenna, there is a subchannel network that broadcasts many old shows and that is one. Their website is [url]metvnetwork.com[/url]. I know they are expanding into markets, and my area (Cleveland, OH) is listed as "coming soon"
stratcat96
** Valued Community Member **
 
Posts: 3430
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:22 pm
Location: Ice Planet Hoth

Re: Where to get 'I Love Lucy'

Postby catastrophegirl » Fri May 20, 2011 11:58 am

i am not at my roku right now so i can't check, but i have a vague recollection of seeing SOME [a few] i love lucy specials or episodes on archive.org under classic tv
there are two ways to get it that i know of without testing it, both free

it's a private channel in its own right: Archive Classic Movies code WSW1P
or inside nowheretv code H9DWC
i suspect you could have some luck with the internet archive channel too, but i haven't looked inside that channel myself
The Internet Archive code 71B0Y
N1000, roku1 XD/s, roku2 xs, roku3
wireless
speed range from ~18-20mbps
http://catastrophegirlsrokuchanneldata.blogspot.com/
twitter: catastrophegirl
PM or tweet me if you want a channel added to my list, a correction or to update a developers' credit
catastrophegirl
** Valued Community Member **
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Where to get 'I Love Lucy'

Postby stratcat96 » Fri May 20, 2011 12:16 pm

catastrophegirl wrote:i am not at my roku right now so i can't check, but i have a vague recollection of seeing SOME [a few] i love lucy specials or episodes on archive.org under classic tv
there are two ways to get it that i know of without testing it, both free

it's a private channel in its own right: Archive Classic Movies code WSW1P
or inside nowheretv code H9DWC
i suspect you could have some luck with the internet archive channel too, but i haven't looked inside that channel myself
The Internet Archive code 71B0Y



Those are "The Lucy Show" which came after "I love Lucy". I am not old enough to remember or appreciate either but when I brought that to my mother's attention once and she told me that "it's just not the same" lol
stratcat96
** Valued Community Member **
 
Posts: 3430
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:22 pm
Location: Ice Planet Hoth

Re: Where to get 'I Love Lucy'

Postby youngml » Fri May 20, 2011 12:33 pm

If you can get the Plex channel working on your Roku, the Plex media server has a CBS plugin which would make the I Love Lucy episodes available.
youngml
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:06 am

Re: Where to get 'I Love Lucy'

Postby catastrophegirl » Fri May 20, 2011 3:48 pm

stratcat96 wrote:Those are "The Lucy Show" which came after "I love Lucy". I am not old enough to remember or appreciate either but when I brought that to my mother's attention once and she told me that "it's just not the same" lol

ah, thanks, i hadn't heard of that show. now i guess i will have to go watch it and see what the difference is
N1000, roku1 XD/s, roku2 xs, roku3
wireless
speed range from ~18-20mbps
http://catastrophegirlsrokuchanneldata.blogspot.com/
twitter: catastrophegirl
PM or tweet me if you want a channel added to my list, a correction or to update a developers' credit
catastrophegirl
** Valued Community Member **
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:29 pm

Re: Where to get 'I Love Lucy'

Postby Gilgamesh » Fri May 20, 2011 4:17 pm

catastrophegirl wrote:ah, thanks, i hadn't heard of that show. now i guess i will have to go watch it and see what the difference is


The Lucy Show was a pale imitation of I Love Lucy. It lacked any comedic rhythm and it was a good episode that actually produced one good laugh. As good as Lucille Ball was she could not carry the show on her own.

As far as favorite I love Lucy episodes I would have to say that my all time favorites were "Lucy's Commercial" that comes in the first season and (I can't remember when it was) the episode involving grape stomping.

One of the good things about the current availability of the HUGE variety of TV and movies that we see is that we can, fairly easily, revisit gems like these from the past.

In the last week I have rewatched several episodes from The Honeymooners, The (original) Outer Limits, Andy Griffith, Highway Patrol, Adam 12, and even an old Family Affair and an Our Miss Brooks. This new era of media availability is Nirvana for us old folks.

One thing; If anyone can point me to streaming episodes of Salvage 1 I would appreciate it.

Also remember: Senility is a wonderful thing. All this media and I NEVER have to watch a rerun.
Gilgamesh
 
Posts: 4912
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:29 am
Location: Dayton TN

Re: Where to get 'I Love Lucy'

Postby destruk » Sat May 21, 2011 12:57 pm

$90 for 34 dvds - the complete I Love Lucy series - always available at your fingertips.
http://www.fye.com/I-Love-Lucy--The-Com ... ewprod.htm
That might be a more complete option than searching private channels and online sites with commercials for the specific episode you feel like watching...
User avatar
destruk
 
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:58 pm


Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dboff01, RokuDale, Tergiversada and 25 guests