RateRix - NEW CHANNEL

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Re: RateRix - NEW CHANNEL

Postby calverst » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:50 pm

JimboEngineer,
The possible reason, you could not receive a registration email is the spam filter settings. Try to check your spam folder.
calverst

Postby mrbeaver » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:03 pm

I have tried registering an account with RateRix multiple times, but the activation e-mail that they claim to have sent never arrives. I have tried with 3 different e-mail accounts, some on public servers like gmail and some on private servers like my ISP. Still no activation e-mail. Why can I not get an activation e-mail???
mrbeaver

Postby WardFamily » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:54 pm

This needs to work better since there is no YouTube Channel for newbie's.
http://lindenalabama.net
WardFamily

Postby mrbeaver » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:19 pm

Hello? Any way to get the activation e-mails working?

I have attempted to register multiple accounts with a variety of e-mail addresses. I never get the activation e-mail that is supposedly sent during this process. I have checked my spam folders. It is clear that the RateRix server is not dispatching these e-mails. When will this get fixed?
mrbeaver

Postby MarkJoseph » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:10 pm

I added the RateRix channel and followed the registration instructions at www.RateRix.com. Upon completion of all those procedures, I noticed that a file had been created on my desktop, "0.9589986019408041.exe." Has anyone else experienced this strange occurrence during the RateRix channel installation process? I am concerned about this executable file being on my desktop, because I am clueless as to its purpose.
MarkJoseph

Postby MarkJoseph » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:25 pm

I am not having any luck registering with the RateRix discussion forum. I am using the same information that I used to register a RateRix account, but still get the message, "Login and Email should be the same as used in RateRix registration."
MarkJoseph

Postby mastermesh » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:32 pm

that registration email will come... just takes a long time. I think mine didn't come til about 2.5 weeks after I registered at the site.
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=46566&p=359897#p359897 -channel lists/tools
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=63553&p=409506#p409506 -fta
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=64096 -linear channels
mastermesh

Postby nbt » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:10 pm

RateRix is a good channel

it will be great to get the search to fix and video graphics

i want to search video are 240 to 720p
nbt

Postby Tecmo SB Guy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:47 am

Anybody having trouble with this channel lately?

I just installed it last night from the channel store and much to my surprise I can watch YouTube videos (yay). However, after I registered it doesn't seem to remember my registration info and asks me to register again. :(

It actually would be a decent channel to view YouTube if it didn't have the bugs that it does and they made some adjustments.
Tecmo SB Guy

Postby bandal » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:31 pm

I noticed on the Registration screen or login screen, just don't enter anything and hit the Home button to see the Logo and go right back in to the channel and it bypasses the login screen. Just do it fast like go to the channel and if you see the login screen exit immediatley and go right back into the channel. Works for me.
bandal

Postby Tecmo SB Guy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:52 pm

Thanks.

But I'm able to play YouTube videos through the channel if I use the anonymous option. I just wanted to be able to login to see if there any benefits of having an account that I'm missing.
Tecmo SB Guy

Postby Tecmo SB Guy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:43 am

This channel has worked a little better the last few days.

I was finally able to authenticate my account and discovered you can put stuff in your favorites list on your YouTube.com account online and see it on RateRix which is a huge win at least for me.

Unfortunately, RateRix still has it's problems like sometimes it doesn't keep you logged in so you have to do that little trick where you exit and enter the channel real fast and sometimes even that doesn't work. And it's also frozen and my rebooted my Roku after I used it a couple of times.
Tecmo SB Guy

Postby ghola » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:12 pm

Raterix is a great channel... when you first use it!
I literally JUST registered, watched a few of my youtube videos from a playlist, exited the channel... and now I can't get back in!
Even though I logged in with "remember me!"
I also cannot log into the raterix home page! or the raterix forum!
Definitely NOT ready for prime time.
When oh when will we get a proper youtube channel on our roku??????

I've read about having to create a new account each time but come on... that's not a solution.
ghola

Postby Tecmo SB Guy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:12 am

ghola wrote:Raterix is a great channel... when you first use it!
I literally JUST registered, watched a few of my youtube videos from a playlist, exited the channel... and now I can't get back in!
Even though I logged in with "remember me!"

Yeah the "remember me" option doesn't work. The only thing you can really do is, if you've connected your YouTube account with RateRix which I did, is exit and enter the channel real fast from the login screen. Press the Home button on your Roku remote then quickly press "OK" to get back into the channel. Most of the time that works but sometimes it doesn't. Like I'll do it 10 straight times and it still won't get me back in. So I usually just mess around with another Roku channel and try again later.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I've had some success when I've logged into my YouTube account on my PC and played around with it (ie. added some stuff to my favorite list) and then come back to RateRix and it gets me in.

I also cannot log into the raterix home page! or the raterix forum!
Definitely NOT ready for prime time.
When oh when will we get a proper youtube channel on our roku??????

Yeah I just got a Roku for Christmas so I never saw the old YouTube channel but I hope if we ever get another one, it's not like YouTube Leanback which I have on my LG smart HDTV. That version of YouTube is just terrible. All you can do is search videos with no way to make lists, get access to your YouTube account online or even organize the searches. It doesn't even give you access to all the YouTube videos in your searches sometimes. As bad as a non-supported RateRix is, I'd still use that over YouTube Leanback.

I've read about having to create a new account each time but come on... that's not a solution.

I've tried that. It's a waste of time.
Tecmo SB Guy

Previous

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion