Nowhere TV

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Re: Nowhere TV

Postby cavalierex » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:42 am

I really love this channel. Thanks for all your hard work!!!
Any chance you could add EWTN and the Italian RAI channels? (I posted a link to feeds above.) I hope you are able to add these. Thanks so much for your hard work -- we really appreciate your effort.
cavalierex

Postby LaLa » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:53 pm

We bought Roku primarily for streaming Netflix. What I've found, however, is that I now watch so many other channels on Roku, especially NowhereTV, far more than I watch Netflix. Every morning, I log into NowhereTV to listen to one of Dr. Stanley's daily devotionals and at some point during the day, I catch up with entertainment news on TMZ and national news on CNN (both of which are found in the Nowhere channel). So far, I'd have to say that NowhereTV is one of the best features of Roku.

I'm no techie and I have no idea how these things work, but is it possible to add The View (which streams on ABC's site), The Mo'Nique Show (streams on BET's site) or the Wendy Williams show (not sure if it streams, but throwing it in just in case) to the NowhereTV channel?

I'd also love to one day see Bravo's Real Housewives franchises on Nowhere TV (or just on Roku period).

Thank you so much for establishing this channel. It really has so much to offer and I'm so pleased to have found it.
LaLa

Postby jammer232001 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:17 pm

hey wasnt sure if u can put these on there would be cool streaming video http://www.mobiletv.net/ would be great if cable goes out
jammer232001

Postby klpv82 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:22 pm

I just installed my Roku about an hour ago. I came across Nowhere TV while looking for live broadcasts of Fox Soccer Channel. I noticed that the next live broadcast of FSC is on 8/13 (according to the channel). I'm still new to using the Roku, so is it that the owner of the channel decides when to broadcast? I was hoping to watch the LA Galaxy game on FSC through the Roku tonight. Will the channel just start playing when it's game time. Cause I read somewhere that only games will be broadcast, not news/reports on FSC.
Thanks
klpv82

Postby RokuChris » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:06 pm

klpv82 wrote:I just installed my Roku about an hour ago. I came across Nowhere TV while looking for live broadcasts of Fox Soccer Channel. I noticed that the next live broadcast of FSC is on 8/13 (according to the channel). I'm still new to using the Roku, so is it that the owner of the channel decides when to broadcast? I was hoping to watch the LA Galaxy game on FSC through the Roku tonight. Will the channel just start playing when it's game time. Cause I read somewhere that only games will be broadcast, not news/reports on FSC.
Thanks

Nowhere TV only carries Premier League games.
RokuChris

Postby klpv82 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:02 pm

RokuChris wrote:
klpv82 wrote:I just installed my Roku about an hour ago. I came across Nowhere TV while looking for live broadcasts of Fox Soccer Channel. I noticed that the next live broadcast of FSC is on 8/13 (according to the channel). I'm still new to using the Roku, so is it that the owner of the channel decides when to broadcast? I was hoping to watch the LA Galaxy game on FSC through the Roku tonight. Will the channel just start playing when it's game time. Cause I read somewhere that only games will be broadcast, not news/reports on FSC.
Thanks

Nowhere TV only carries Premier League games.

Ok. Thanks for the quick response.
klpv82

Postby jacob_seal » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:48 pm

Chris. Still enjoying your work, thanks a lot!

Question: TBS has moved all conan obrien episodes going forward over to www.teamcoco.com.

They are also streaming full episodes instead of breaking it up into different clips. The last time tbs posted any conan content on tbs.com was june 13. I'm missing my daily dose of the cone bone is what I'm saying. =).

Not sure if the teamcoco vids would be compatible with your channel but if you could have the "conan" link on nowhere TV updated to the new vids that would rock my sox off!

Thanks,
Jacob
jacob_seal

Postby RokuChris » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:59 pm

jacob_seal wrote:Question: TBS has moved all conan obrien episodes going forward over to http://www.teamcoco.com.

They are also streaming full episodes instead of breaking it up into different clips. The last time tbs posted any conan content on tbs.com was june 13. I'm missing my daily dose of the cone bone is what I'm saying. =)

Content in the channel doesn't come from the website, but I will take a look.
RokuChris

Postby Scottutah » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:46 pm

Your station is AWESOME! Thanks!

Anyway of adding ksl.com or voddov.com?

Thanks for everything! Keep up the good work! :D

Scott
Scottutah

Postby grantsa4 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:54 am

Are the Premier Leagues games streamed live, or are they on demand after the games?
grantsa4

Postby jacob_seal » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:30 pm

RokuChris wrote:
jacob_seal wrote:Question: TBS has moved all conan obrien episodes going forward over to http://www.teamcoco.com.

They are also streaming full episodes instead of breaking it up into different clips. The last time tbs posted any conan content on tbs.com was june 13. I'm missing my daily dose of the cone bone is what I'm saying. =)

Content in the channel doesn't come from the website, but I will take a look.
jacob_seal

Postby treyjackson » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:15 pm

Would it be possible to add a new category to nowheretv that was called "LIVE" that put all of the live channels in one place? I am only talking about channels like Fox and CNN? Not live traffic cams or animal cams, but channels most would familiar with? I believe the Versus channel has a live online stream, but I do not know if it is compatible or not. Is there enough live channels to make it worth doing? since we do not have an unlimited amount of channel spots, whatever can be done to condense content in to the same place is great.

I have read that some of the local stations have live streams, but I do not know if that is true and if it is, which ones it would be. There are dozens of local stations on nowwheretv, but I have not located any with a live stream yet. If anyone knows which ones offer live, could you please let me know? If there are ones with live streams, it would be great if those were separated and listed under the "Live" category.

If this is an worthy idea, maybe others could list out the Live channels they are aware of and we could get them all listed in one category on nowwheretv. I believe more channels will offer live content in the future, so as more become available, there would already be a place to add it without having to add a new channel.

Thank you greatly for all the work you do in making Roku so enjoyable. I truly appreciate it. I apologize in advance if this question is a waste of your time, as that is not my intent. At the very least, I hope to learn what other channels with "live" streams exist, and best case scenario would be to see them all under one category on nowhweretv.

Thank you.
treyjackson

Postby cbojar » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:29 pm

RokuChris wrote:Content in the channel doesn't come from the website, but I will take a look.

This touches on a question I've had since I've discovered this channel: Where/How do you get all this content?
cbojar

Postby treyjackson » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:48 pm

Let me begin with apologizing for apparently asking a question you have gotten many times. To be quite honest, I think part of my misunderstanding is I do not know how to recognize if the content comes from their website or not. Could you explain to me how to know this? Such as, if I see fox news in the newscaster and a fox news channel in the channel store, and a fox category on nowwheretv, how do i differentiate what comes from their website and what does not? If I can better understand this, hopefully I will not bother you with any more redundant and/or dumb questions.

Thanks greatly.
treyjackson

Postby treyjackson » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:56 pm

For example, Studio B is playing live right now on the Fox website> this is the link:
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/shepard-smith/index.html

What should I look for to let me know if it is roku compatible? Thanks.
treyjackson

PreviousNext

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion