Is Bravo available anywhere?

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Is Bravo available anywhere?

Postby midwestmedia » Wed May 25, 2011 3:20 pm

We're close to dropping cable but have just a couple of channels we need to figure out and Bravo is one of them. =) Has anyone managed to figure out how to get Bravo content anywhere? Or, does anyone know of any impending news about Bravo releasing content?

Thx!
midwestmedia

Re: Is Bravo available anywhere?

Postby tnt118 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:05 am

We had to suck it up and buy episodes of Bravo shows on Amazon's video service. And while it'd be nice if it were all on Hulu or something similar, it has worked really well.
tnt118

Postby midwestmedia » Thu May 26, 2011 7:25 am

Thanks for the tip! I only watch a couple of shows, but it's one of the channels making it hard to cut cable. ;)
midwestmedia

Postby bchilders22 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:59 am

I finally convince my wife to dump cable. We purchased Roku last nigh only to find that her lame Housewives shows are not available. Besides Amazon ($1.99 per episode), are there any other options.
bchilders22

Postby brianjshea » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:57 am

bchilders22 wrote:I finally convince my wife to dump cable. We purchased Roku last nigh only to find that her lame Housewives shows are not available. Besides Amazon ($1.99 per episode), are there any other options.

You mean besides talking some sense into your wife? ;)
brianjshea

Postby SuetyStanes » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:00 am

bchilders22 wrote:I finally convince my wife to dump cable. We purchased Roku last nigh only to find that her lame Housewives shows are not available. Besides Amazon ($1.99 per episode), are there any other options.

As in Desperate Houswives? It's on Hulu. If watching it online isn't okay, it looks like some older episodes are on Hulu+. If "your wife" :wink: can wait until the current episodes become available on Hulu+ that could be an option. Except, of course, that buying the episodes each week would end up cheaper than the Hulu+ subscription if that's really the only thing you use it for. And they're pretty current on Amazon if keeping up with the latest AND watching it on the big tv screen are paramount.

Of course, an antenna would also do the trick, for free (well, except for the cost of the antenna).
SuetyStanes

Postby midwestmedia » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:15 am

If they're on Hulu and you get the PlayOn channel for Roku and the PlayOn service you can watch anything on Hulu (regular Hulu) on your Roku. We have it and now have access to all of Hulu in addition to our regular Hulu+ membership. The older episodes of "Desperate Housewives" are on Netflix streaming, or at least used to be.

But if she wants to be current during the new season, just go the DTV route as suggested and you don't pay anything.
midwestmedia

Postby midwestmedia » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:17 am

As for the "Real Housewives" as my original question was about....yeah, other than Amazon video (you can purchase a season pass) I haven't found them anywhere else. Except for maybe the occasional bootleg on YouTube until it gets taken down or the very random episode on BravoTv.com

My husband thinks all of these shows are lame too, but hey...I put up with his "survivalist" shows he watches so we're even. =)
midwestmedia

Postby chuck_glenn » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:18 pm

So the short answer is: Most of Bravo is available on the web. You can also pay someone to install something on your PC that will stream it to your Roku. That's really all PlayOn is doing. They don't host any of the content, and to use PlayOn you have to have a dedicated (Windows only) PC running their software. And pay them $45 bucks for it.
chuck_glenn

Postby chuck_glenn » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:27 pm

If you need a dedicated PC, why not just hook that same PC directly to your television?

If you want to capture video (from that PC) to play later or put it on other devices, use a browser video-grabber plugin like NetVideoHunter, and if you need to downconvert the format somehow, use Avidemux.
chuck_glenn

Postby kc8pql » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:28 pm

Forum Rules:
In general, if a thread is more than six months old, it will be best for our moderators if you generate a new thread, to prevent confusion.

This thread is 1 1/2 years old.
Last edited by kc8pql on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Postby Gilgamesh » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:29 pm

From the Forum rules
When creating a topic, please perform a search or glance over the first two pages before posting the topic, as it may have been covered already. In general, if a thread is more than six months old, it will be best for our moderators if you generate a new thread, to prevent confusion.

You really need to start a new thread for this but if you want a Bravo channel get Bravo, or whomever owns Bravo, to create it. Without their permission no one else can.

Oh: PlayOn is unsupported here and is a forbidden topic.
Gilgamesh

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion