Amazon prime not working on Roku

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Amazon prime not working on Roku

Postby ukrkoz » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:25 pm

I have Amazon prime trial month for about half a day by now. My player shows as registered on Amazon. But every time I go to Amazon on player, it will only show "this show is free with Amazon prime", when I click on it, it will be bring me to brief explanation how to obtain Amazon prime, and that;s it. Otherwise, gives me only pay for options.

What do I need to do to make it work? Been to my Roku account, does not look like I am missing something there.
ukrkoz

Re: Amazon prime not working on Roku

Postby stratcat96 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:27 pm

I do believe you have to be a paid prime member. The streaming video for prime members does not work for student (free) prime memberships either
stratcat96
** Valued Community Member **

Postby ukrkoz » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:58 pm

yes, but it's a free month trial. thereafter it's $79 yearly. so it should be working, yet it's not.
ukrkoz

Postby kc8pql » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:51 pm

^^^You'll need to take it up with Amazon customer support to be sure, but I thought the free trial was just for the Prime shipping. Not sure, but I don't think you get the video unless you subscribe.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Postby Gilgamesh » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:09 pm

I believe the trial period includes the streaming.
See: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/ ... =200572880

Part of that is:
Prime instant videos provide unlimited, commercial-free, instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows at no additional cost with a paid annual Amazon Prime membership, which also includes fast shipping along with other benefits. Prime instant videos can be watched instantly on a Mac, PC and nearly 200 models of Internet-connected TVs, Blu-ray players and set-top-boxes that are compatible with Amazon Instant Video. All of the movies and TV shows are commercial-free and some are available in HD.
To watch Prime instant videos, you must be a member of Amazon Prime. Amazon Prime is a membership program that gives you unlimited fast shipping on all eligible purchases for an annual membership fee. Amazon Prime members also get unlimited, commercial-free, instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows.

If you are not an Amazon Prime member, you can try an Amazon Prime membership by starting a free trial (restrictions apply) by following these steps:

After reading that it appears that the trial period includes the streaming since they say to try the streaming by starting the trial period.
Gilgamesh

Postby jaycee » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:12 pm

I started my free trial yesterday and Amazon works perfectly on the Roku. You have to give them credit card information and you won't be billed until the 31st day.
jaycee

Postby ukrkoz » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:15 pm

i did. does not work. had this checked out several times. I'll shoot them email then. Thought I am missing a step or something.
ukrkoz

Postby traal » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:39 pm

My Amazon video library has disappeared from the Roku box, and even from the "Your Video Library" link on Amazon.com. I have to search for it manually on the Roku box to find it.
traal

Postby ukrkoz » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:39 pm

got mine working. had to go through resetting cc. works fine. thanks everyone for responses.
ukrkoz

Postby howdy » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:44 am

I am having the same problem with Amazon Prime. What is the "resetting cc"?
howdy

Postby sharpedge » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:57 pm

stratcat96 wrote:I do believe you have to be a paid prime member. The streaming video for prime members does not work for student (free) prime memberships either

It also doesn't work if you're a 'guest' of another prime member, my wife 'shares' a prime account with her mom, and she doesn't qualify for the free streaming titles. Only the 'Primary Member' gets the free streaming.
sharpedge

Postby ukrkoz » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:00 pm

howdy wrote:I am having the same problem with Amazon Prime. What is the "resetting cc"?

I found that there was wrong cc information under my Amazon account, so I reset that and started working right away.
ukrkoz

Postby tondoleo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:59 am

I have not had many problems with Amazon Prime on Roku. Just one curiosity. I paused the pilot episode of Warehouse 13 a number of times due to work related interruptions. Yes, I had to go back to work rather than watch scifi. :(

Upon resuming the show it took me back a few moments earlier from where I stopped. Thus, I had deja vu for a show never watched before. Due to continued interruptions these replays were annoying.
tondoleo

Postby microlady » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Just an FYI.........I just got done with the one month trial of Amazon Prime and yes, during this trial you can watch Prime movies and shows on Amazon on Roku.

Also, as they say....you can also go before your time is up and cancel your prime before you are charged the $79.00 in advance for the year. It worked well for me but I didn't see many choices and don't order often enough to use the Prime at this time.

But yes..............during the free month trial......you can click on Amazon and click on Prime to see the choices. I also went on the web site and searched for only Prime eligible movies and saw the choices there also. You do have to link your Roku box to Amazon but the web site explains it okay.
Original Roku 1, called N1000,bought 2008 (2014 still works perfectly)
2014 new owner of Roku 3500 (HDMI) streaming stick
microlady

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion