Nowhere TV

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Re: Nowhere TV

Postby tarzan » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:39 am

Regarding the Premier League. Did anyone else have problems viewing the first games on Saturday morning?
When I went into the Fox Soccer Channel-live games, none of the matches were active. I got blank screens on 3 channels,
test signals on 2 channels, and a loop of horse racing on the other 2. I gave up trying after a while....
tarzan

Postby biggyv » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:17 pm

tarzan wrote:Regarding the Premier League. Did anyone else have problems viewing the first games on Saturday morning?
When I went into the Fox Soccer Channel-live games, none of the matches were active. I got blank screens on 3 channels,
test signals on 2 channels, and a loop of horse racing on the other 2. I gave up trying after a while....

Yeah, same here unfortunately. Don't know what the problem might be.
biggyv

Postby RokuChris » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:37 pm

tarzan wrote:Regarding the Premier League. Did anyone else have problems viewing the first games on Saturday morning?

The backend may have changed during the offseason. I haven't had time to look at it yet.
RokuChris

Postby socantra » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:54 pm

tarzan wrote:When I went into the Fox Soccer Channel-live games, none of the matches were active. I got blank screens on 3 channels,

Sorry for your misfortune, but I would really appreciate more details about the horse racing loop. Soccer doesn't interest me at all. Different strokes..........
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.
socantra

Postby atqtpie » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:03 pm

I have the same problem as bobby with the Cartoon Network link. When I press play it says retrieving and then it just goes back to the home page. I also have a Roku2 XS. Please advise. Thanks!
atqtpie

Postby RokuChris » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:34 pm

atqtpie wrote:I have the same problem as bobby with the Cartoon Network link. When I press play it says retrieving and then it just goes back to the home page. I also have a Roku2 XS. Please advise. Thanks!

I'm not seeing a crash back to the home screen, but CN content appears not to work with Roku2.
RokuChris

Postby juniper210 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:47 pm

For the mylifetime.tv section, anyone know why Project Runway is showing no content available? It is live on the website, and the other shows are available on the channel.

Thanks!
juniper210

Nowhere TV - Cartoon Network Going ... nowhere

Postby johjeff » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:07 pm

I am having the issue that others are seeing. The episodes are shown, and updated somewhat regularly, but when I try to select one, it says "Retrieving....." for about 2 seconds then bounces back to the episode screen. If I select Play All, it bounces all the way back to the menu. Does Cartoon Network on Nowhere TV work for anyone out there? Does the Nowhere TV channel developer check these boards?

There is so little kid content on the free channels - at least anything kids WANT to watch. It would be really great if the Cartoon Network would be fixed in Nowhere TV.

I am using a Roku 2 XS that I just bought a month or so ago and have not been able to get Cartoon Network to play even once. Haven't had problems with any other channel. Did Roku remove a protocol or media format from the Roku 2 that was on the previous generation?

Thank you.

Jeff
johjeff

Re: Nowhere TV - Cartoon Network Going ... nowhere

Postby RokuChris » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:21 pm

johjeff wrote:I am using a Roku 2 XS that I just bought a month or so ago and have not been able to get Cartoon Network to play even once.

As I said on Friday, CN content is not compatible with Roku2. At least not yet.
RokuChris

Postby johjeff » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:32 pm

RokuChris wrote:As I said on Friday, CN content is not compatible with Roku2. At least not yet.

Not to quibble, but you said "CN doesn't APPEAR to work with Roku 2". WHY doesn't it work with Roku 2? I would like for it to work, which is why I was asking if the dev had looked at it. What is different in the Roku 2 that makes it incompatible with the older Roku, or is CN not working with the old Roku any longer either? The other stations in Nowhere TV all seem to work fine. Not trying to be difficult, just questioning, and would like to have the content for my kids.

Thank you, and I was pleasantly surprised by the speedy response. Have a great week.

Jeff
johjeff

Postby RokuChris » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:44 pm

I can assure you the developer has looked at it 8) CN is still working on older hardware, but I can't say why or what the differences may be that are causing the problem. I would reiterate that Nowhere TV is a private channel and should always be considered experimental.
RokuChris

Postby kc8pql » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:11 pm

johjeff wrote: Does the Nowhere TV channel developer check these boards?

Just so you know, RokuChris, aka nowhereman, is the developer of Nowhere TV among many other Roku channels.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Postby johjeff » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:34 pm

Thanks for the information, KC, and thank you, Chris for the response.

I realize it is a private channel. Unfortunately Roku official does not provide much kid content, unless they are going to watch Betty Boop and Felix the Cat on archive.org (then again, not sure that is an official channel). We have found a few cartoons on other channels, like Sonic, Digimon, and Babar. At any rate, I really hoped CN episodes would work to supplement broadcast television. We don't use cable or satellite. I REALLY wish there was a live streaming Boomerang channel for like $5/month. We'd sign up for that in a heartbeat!

Have a great week.

Jeff
johjeff

Postby mikebdoss » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:41 pm

johjeff wrote:Thanks for the information, KC, and thank you, Chris for the response.

I realize it is a private channel. Unfortunately Roku official does not provide much kid content, unless they are going to watch Betty Boop and Felix the Cat on archive.org (then again, not sure that is an official channel). We have found a few cartoons on other channels, like Sonic, Digimon, and Babar. At any rate, I really hoped CN episodes would work to supplement broadcast television. We don't use cable or satellite. I REALLY wish there was a live streaming Boomerang channel for like $5/month. We'd sign up for that in a heartbeat!

Have a great week.

Jeff

Netflix has a HUGE amount of children's programming, though not necessarily the stuff your kids already watch. Hulu's got some stuff too. We also watch a lot of stuff over-the-air - public television (PBS) stations broadcast a lot.
mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Postby roleary » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:52 pm

Any chance you could add EWTN

I absolutely love the Nowhere TV channel. My wife keeps asking me about EWTN, so I'm seconding the above request. Thanks again for your work on this project!
roleary

PreviousNext

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion