Amazon Prime member, roku problem

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Amazon Prime member, roku problem

Postby jcasel » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:51 am

I have been using Amazon on my roku for about a year and paying for movies, tv as I order them. My wife has an existing amazon prime member and therefore she should be entitled to the free streaming. I can't seem to get registration code for Amazon on my Roku. Is that because this roku is already set up for a non-prime member? Thanks for any inro. jcasel
jcasel

Re: Amazon Prime member, roku problem

Postby Gilgamesh » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:06 am

jcasel wrote:I have been using Amazon on my roku for about a year and paying for movies, tv as I order them. My wife has an existing amazon prime member and therefore she should be entitled to the free streaming. I can't seem to get registration code for Amazon on my Roku. Is that because this roku is already set up for a non-prime member? Thanks for any inro. jcasel

You will need to deactivate your Roku from your account and then activate it under your wife's in order to watch Prime videos under her membership and I think you will need to remove and re-add the Amazon ch as well.

One caveat: If her membership is one of the free Prime memberships, like for teachers, it will not include Prime streaming. The Prime streaming is only included with the paid Prime membership.
Gilgamesh

Re: Amazon Prime member, roku problem

Postby nushmut » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:18 am

And in case you're not sure how to unlink from Amazon, it's actually really easy. Make sure you're logged into your own Amazon account, then visit http://amazon.com/roku and click the unregister link that should show near the top of the page.

In case you don't know, you can remove the channel by either pressing the * button when on the home screen (if you have that button on your remote) or by finding it in the My Channels row in the Channel Store.

Relink to your wife's account (assuming, as Gilgamesh pointed out, that it is a paid Prime account), and you're all set!
Roku XDS, AppleTV 3rd Gen
15mbps on TWC, DIR-615 Router (wifi-N to Roku)
Panasonic P42ST30 HDTV & BD-85 Blu-ray Player
Onkyo HT-S5400 7.1 system

Paid services:
Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu+, season passes, MLB.tv, IW Browser Roksbox
nushmut

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion