Nowhere News [Private CNN channel]

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Re: CNN [Private]

Postby WardFamily » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:32 pm

why can't we have it live? you can get it live online.
http://lindenalabama.net
WardFamily

Postby WardFamily » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:17 pm

Bolo:
What is your CNN Code? Let the people decide.
http://lindenalabama.net
WardFamily

Postby sekharbabu » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:37 pm

Is anyone facing issue with this CNN channel. My roku displays "retrieving" forever and I am not able to watch any CNN feeds. All other channels are working fine.
sekharbabu

Postby RokuChris » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:35 pm

sekharbabu wrote:Is anyone facing issue with this CNN channel. My roku displays "retrieving" forever and I am not able to watch any CNN feeds. All other channels are working fine.

That's a known issue on Roku2. There's no easy fix.
RokuChris

Postby gypsyBytes » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:26 am

the last several days, I've been having audio problems on this CNN channel with my old Roku LT.
when I load up the feed, I get about half a second of audio, then it cuts out.
This started on the first day of the G20.

At first I figured it was just CNN, as they are plagued with audio problems on a regular basis,
but the way it comes in for a sec makes me think its either an issue with my box or the channel.

I'm worried about what RokuChris says about this being a known issue with the roku2, cause I just ordered a Roku 2 XS yesterday, I'm gonna be really bummed if upgrading looses CNN for me entirely :x

RokuChris wrote:
sekharbabu wrote:Is anyone facing issue with this CNN channel. My roku displays "retrieving" forever and I am not able to watch any CNN feeds. All other channels are working fine.

That's a known issue on Roku2. There's no easy fix.
gypsyBytes

Postby RokuChris » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:18 am

gypsyBytes wrote:I'm worried about what RokuChris says about this being a known issue with the roku2, cause I just ordered a Roku 2 XS yesterday, I'm gonna be really bummed if upgrading looses CNN for me entirely :x

There is a problem with the CNN International live stream, It happens on Roku1 as well. The stream has playback problems on other platforms too, so it's not a Roku issue. All other content in the channel is working fine for me.
RokuChris

Postby jonpel » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:00 pm

is there any way for you to add out front with erin burnett to this channel
jonpel

Postby wildwest » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:52 am

It seems that I have recently lost this channel. I have an XDS, and the error states that it now requires Roku firmware 4.8 or better. I checked and have the latest firmware. Is it now lost for older models?
wildwest

Postby FX4 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:22 am

A lot of stuff is slowly not working all that well on the older models. I recently started phasing the first generation models out for that reason although I still have three of them actively running. Ironically I started noticing issues with various channels right after I stated on this forum I have not observed any problems with my XR or XDS units. LOL...karma...
OTA - Antennacraft HDX 1000
Roku 3
Roku2 XS (x4)
Roku XD (x2)
Roku XR
Raspberry Pi XBMC
MacMini XBMC/Plex
ATV3
FX4

Postby socantra » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:55 am

wildwest wrote:It seems that I have recently lost this channel. I have an XDS, and the error states that it now requires Roku firmware 4.8 or better. I checked and have the latest firmware. Is it now lost for older models?

It does seem that it now requires a Roku2, but a great deal of the content is in the private NowhereTV which was also developed by RokuChris and in the Newscaster channel which is in the channel store. There is also stratcat96's CNNI private channel which runs the live feed of CNN International.
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.
socantra

Postby BoloMKXXVIII » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:40 am

CNN still works for me but I usually go through the Newscaster channel. I have two old Rokus, no new ones...yet.
The NSA is the largest criminal organization in the United States.

** Non-valued Community Member **
BoloMKXXVIII

Postby haroldskilley » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:05 pm

New, updated CNN channel working great on Roku2! Noticed that videos look HD now. Thanks!
haroldskilley

Postby wildwest » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:57 pm

wildwest wrote:It seems that I have recently lost this channel. I have an XDS, and the error states that it now requires Roku firmware 4.8 or better. I checked and have the latest firmware. Is it now lost for older models?

A recent firmware upgrade for my Roku XDS solved the problem. Thanks for addressing this issue so quickly.
wildwest

Postby MomofMusa » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:22 pm

So some of you are getting the USA CNN streamed live? I can get the international live? I'm looking for the USA CNN..
MomofMusa

Postby CaineMutiny » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:48 am

LOVE your CNN channel.

My dream is that in addition to organizing the videos by category (Newest, Most Popular, US, World, etc), the videos be organized by PROGRAM (Fareed Zakaria GPS, Reliable Sources, State of the Union with Candy Crowley, The Lead with Jake Tapper, Anderson Cooper, etc) like you do with the MSNBC vids on NowhereTV.

The content is already there. Would this be a difficult thing to do?
CaineMutiny

PreviousNext

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion