Italian Content

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Italian Content

Postby Lstevens » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi guys. I need some help for my elderly Mom.

She is Italian, so I want to find Italian content for her. So far, all I can find is:

1) Italian language movies on Netflix; and
2) A European News channel on the livestation.com private channel that broadcasts in Italian Language (but has little Italian content).

Any ideas of where to find either live or regularly updated Italian content?

My Mom Thanks You! :D
Lstevens

Re: Italian Content

Postby TheWolf » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:02 pm

For listening, used TuneIn and find channels by language or location. My wife regularly enjoys direct radio broadcasts with her favorite music.

For video, the YouTube channel (using search) may provide entertainment. My wife is from a small town and enjoyed seeing her old church, local feasts, etc.
TheWolf

Postby SuetyStanes » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:06 am

Oh, I think Dream Tv has some stuff. I know there's a pay channel that has a bunch of free stuff as well, and there was an Italian detective tv series on it. I think it was that channel.
SuetyStanes

Postby Robynbird » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Good ideas for any language. I know TuneIn Radio has a bunch of stations in many different languages. I'm looking for French. I also wish there was Latin language content for students, but since it's a dead language, not likely to find much. I thought we were still waiting on Livestation. Do they already have a channel? Is it available in French? And how do you add it?
Robynbird

Postby forzacosenza » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:35 pm

You can add JustinTV to your favorites. JUSTINTV has some Italian channels that your mom can view. Good Luck!
forzacosenza

Postby Lstevens » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:59 am

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, Italian TV, and several other countries TV channels can be discovered on JustinTV by changing the language preference under settings and then browsing the channels.

Yes, LiveStation has French content. Add it by installing the CDNTwo channel, and then registering on the CDNTwo website and adding the LiveStation content.
Lstevens

Postby IRoad » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:34 pm

Hi,
if you want to see a Italian Channel, you see that content on Roku the channel is IRoad Italian Channel.
Let me know if is fine info@iroad.tv
or www.iroadlive.com
Tks
Flavio
IRoad

Postby jcmolet » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:57 pm

It isn't much, but Amazon Instant Video has a few movie selections:

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&rh=n%3A ... 2650303011

And while not new, MHz Networks on Demand has some Italian TV series:

Donna Leon
Coliandro
Detective Montalbano
The Octopus
jcmolet

Postby peperosso » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:42 am

Just checked out the Iroad tv channel on roku. What a disappointment, only thing ever on are interviews. No news, No movies, nothing else, what a waste. I watch most of my italian tv on tv4all.com, they have a very good selection. You can also get the rai package on dish network for about 10 bucks per month.
peperosso

Postby suenoir » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:24 pm

The MHznetwork channel has some good Italian television series. Donna Leon's Commissario Brunetti, Detective Montalbano, Octopus and Homicide Squad.

Also if you hook her TV to the internet, Italy is maybe the only country that lets anyone stream their shows. She can watch several channels live. They also have an extensive archive of popular series. http://www.rai.it/
suenoir

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion