no signal

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

no signal

Postby ditter43 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:19 am

I just hooked up my new Roku2. I have a wireless router that works great with my computer which is near the t.v. For some reason all I can get is "no signal". I tried the online support and it was suggested I contact Sanyo. This is a new t.v. that is internet ready. I am using the av cables. I have tried all the inputs with no success. The t.v. and the roku are on :lol: but they don't want to play nice together! Help!!!
ditter43

Re: no signal

Postby jeffrok » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:25 am

Do you have the right input selected on the TV (ie the correct source)? What kind of cables are you using- the composite (red-white-yellow)?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koy2eg1ioZ8&list=HL1380998604&feature=mh_lolz
jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Postby ditter43 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:43 am

I have the pc input selected and am using av cables.
ditter43

Postby philsoft » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:47 am

ditter43 wrote:I have the pc input selected and am using av cables.

Wouldn't the PC input be a VGA input? It is on mine.
philsoft

Postby ditter43 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:51 am

I don't know. I have tried all the input selections without success.
ditter43

Postby socantra » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:54 am

What is the model # of your new Sanyo TV?
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.
socantra

Postby philsoft » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:55 am

ditter43 wrote:I don't know. I have tried all the input selections without success.

Plug the Roku into the most obvious connection (Look for something like input 1 or input 2) and cycle through till you get to a screen. Make sure the light on the front of the box is lit to ensure that you are powered up.
philsoft

Postby ditter43 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:06 am

The t.v. is a Sanyo DP42841
ditter43

Postby socantra » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:25 am

ditter43 wrote:The t.v. is a Sanyo DP42841

For standard av cables,(red, white, yellow) Input 1 would probably be your most likely, but input 2 would probably do just as well, as mentioned earlier.

Then, according to the manual, (page 10) you need to go to that input and select the type of connection you are using. The red/white/yellow cables are a COMPOSITE input.
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.
socantra

Postby ditter43 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:14 pm

I have spent the entire afternoon on line or on the phone with customer service in India. After trying everything else, they now suggest I contact Sanyo to see if there is some reconfiguring they need to do! If not, he says the cable that's included may be bad and they will replace it. :roll:
ditter43

Postby ronfelder » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:26 pm

Other psoter is correct if you have tv set for pc input then you use a vga cable. You have video cable i'm assuming formthe way you describe it that they are composite cable (yellow, red , white). That would plug into the composite connections of tv there for you have to set the tv to the input labeled AV. If you have the rca cables that have colors to them other than above (don't remember colors) then you have composite cables and you'd plug them into the composite input labeled composite. If you have multiple inputs for composite and components.

looking up your tv it states you have two component inputs and one composite. Might I ask why you aren't using an hdmi cable? Much better picture and it's simple to install and use.

Ron
Roku 2100x, (2) Roku2 3100x , Actiontec M1424-WR Rev I modem/router, Verizon FIOS 25/25, LG HDTV 42LH90, Pioneer VSX-920 Audio/Video Multi Channel Receiver
ronfelder

Postby jeffrok » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:29 am

ronfelder wrote:

Other psoter is correct if you have tv set for pc input then you use a vga cable. You have video cable i'm assuming formthe way you describe it that they are composite cable (yellow, red , white). That would plug into the composite connections of tv there for you have to set the tv to the input labeled AV. If you have the rca cables that have colors to them other than above (don't remember colors) then you have composite cables and you'd plug them into the composite input labeled composite. If you have multiple inputs for composite and components.

looking up your tv it states you have two component inputs and one composite. Might I ask why you aren't using an hdmi cable? Much better picture and it's simple to install and use.

Ron

I think you mean "if you have the rca cables that have colors to them other than above (don't remember the colors) then you have composite cables"

You meant to say "component cables".. Component cables are Red, Green, and Blue and carry video only.. The Composite cables are Red, White and Yellow, and the Yellow is usually the video cable, with the Red and White being left and right audio respectively.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koy2eg1ioZ8&list=HL1380998604&feature=mh_lolz
jeffrok

Postby ditter43 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:04 pm

Thanks for your help. I finally got it figured out. I am all set up and loving it!! :D
ditter43

Postby ronfelder » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:21 pm

jeffrok wrote:
ronfelder wrote:

Ron

I think you mean "if you have the rca cables that have colors to them other than above (don't remember the colors) then you have composite cables"

You meant to say "component cables".. Component cables are Red, Green, and Blue and carry video only.. The Composite cables are Red, White and Yellow, and the Yellow is usually the video cable, with the Red and White being left and right audio respectively.

Thanks for the correction. I seem to interchange the names quite often.
Roku 2100x, (2) Roku2 3100x , Actiontec M1424-WR Rev I modem/router, Verizon FIOS 25/25, LG HDTV 42LH90, Pioneer VSX-920 Audio/Video Multi Channel Receiver
ronfelder

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion