Picasa Web Albums

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Re: Picasa Web Albums

Postby bcultra » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:12 am

Still not in the channel store for me, I re-booted and Reset to factory defaults and re linked, etc. Still no go. Don't know what else to do.
bcultra

Postby hoffmcs » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:48 am

bcultra wrote:Still not in the channel store for me, I re-booted and Reset to factory defaults and re linked, etc. Still no go. Don't know what else to do.

I have not requested yet to have the channel reinstated in the channel store since I have not had a chance to test it. The people that are reporting results already had it installed before it was pulled. Until the channel is put back in the store, you can use the following link to add the channel.

https://owner.roku.com/add/PICASA
hoffmcs

Postby bcultra » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:22 pm

Thank you very much, I will do it and post the results.
bcultra

Postby bcultra » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:07 am

Works fine now, Thanks
bcultra

Postby wrigleyy » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:44 pm

hi chris.... thank you so much for the app for the roku 2...its working well....
wrigleyy

Postby Distalgia » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:46 pm

hoffmcs wrote:I will look into all your requests. When I made the decision to make the pictures small was just because most the time the screensaver is running is when the TV is off. If you wanted to see a full screen slideshow, you can use the app. If you didn't notice, there is a random photo slideshow from all albums.

I for one would like the screensaver to show bigger pics and fill the screen. I leave the TV on all the time when I'm home even when I'm not doing something specific with the Roku. It would be nice to see the pics in full screen with the screensaver.
Distalgia

Postby trothatl » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Distalgia wrote: I leave the TV on all the time when I'm home even when I'm not doing something specific with the Roku.

You're just taunting the "would it kill Roku to add a power button?" crowd, aren't you?
trothatl

Postby calvin1977 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:47 pm

I was trying to use the picasa app and it says bad API. is there something I have to do with my router to get it to work? Thanks
calvin1977

Postby rleemcn7 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:22 pm

hi Chris Hoffman,

Nice work on these Picasa Roku channels. I selected the movie option in Picasa and added music to go along with the slideshow. I uploaded to Web Albums. Now we're playing it on Roku via your channel, but the music is missing.

Robyn
rleemcn7

Postby hyounis » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:32 pm

Hello Chris Hoffman,

We're having problems downloading the pictures onto our Roku. We've put the code onto the website that was provided, and the Roku took it, and the TV keeps saying Retrieving, yet after hours, nothing comes up, it always stays the same, this is just the problems with our albums, or is it just the TV that won't take it?
hyounis

Postby grobert » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:34 pm

My Picasa Screensaver has been working fine with two albums. I just added a third. It shows the album and pictures are there and I can watch them in a slideshow, but the pictures don't show up in the screensaver rotation. What am I missing?
grobert

Postby grobert » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:21 pm

I am now having the exact problem stated by "hyounis". Any solution?
grobert

Postby grobert » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:19 am

Is the Picassa Web Albums function now defunct? There are no new posts and no one responds to inquiries. Should I just remove it from my player?
grobert

Postby socantra » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:41 pm

grobert wrote:Is the Picassa Web Albums function now defunct? There are no new posts and no one responds to inquiries. Should I just remove it from my player?

Don't really know. You might try a PM to "hoffmcs", the developer of the channel. Hasn't posted since September, but was on the board within the last couple of weeks. I don't think its in the channel store any longer. It doesn't sound good.....
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.
socantra

Postby gonzotek » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:07 pm

socantra wrote:
grobert wrote:Is the Picassa Web Albums function now defunct? There are no new posts and no one responds to inquiries. Should I just remove it from my player?

Don't really know. You might try a PM to "hoffmcs", the developer of the channel. Hasn't posted since September, but was on the board within the last couple of weeks. I don't think its in the channel store any longer. It doesn't sound good.....
He's still active on Google+:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/114792150222130172044/posts
Remoku.tv - A free web app for Roku Remote Control!
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
by Apps4TV - Applications for television and beyond: http://www.apps4tv.com
gonzotek
** Valued Community Member **

PreviousNext

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion