HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?

Postby pmac » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:30 am

I am talking about the EPIX channel on roku, it looks great, I clicked on it and understand it's a free trial, after that yoiu have to pay for it. Thats where the problem comes in. I went to their site and it does not come out and say how much it costs which I always find suspect when the price is buried deep somewhere and they dont come right out and tell you, so here I ask, does anyone else have it? If so, "How much does it cost"?
pmac

Re: HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?

Postby troydogtvtvtv » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:55 am

I did some looking into it. It works like this you can only get it if your cable tv or sat provider has it. All are free but charter cable it cost 10.00 month as a add on to the cable bill. You can watch it free for 14 days one time only but with out a cable or sat provider they will not let you have it.
http://corp.epixhd.com/faq/files/About_ ... _my_device
How do I subscribe to EPIX?
EPIX is currently available from the following television providers. Click on your provider to find out how to subscribe.

Charter
Cox Communications
DISH Network
Mediacom
Suddenlink
Verizon FiOS

Insight and NCTC Providers

With your subscription to EPIX from your television provider, you can view EPIX on your TV, on VOD, on the internet (www.EpixHD.com), and on a bunch of devices.

Want to sample EpixHD.com? Get your Free Trial here. You can use your EPIX Free Trial to watch movies on your devices. Please note that once your Free Trial has expired you must subscribe to EPIX through one of the providers listed above. We do not offer stand-alone subscriptions to EpixHD.com or the EPIX device apps.
troydogtvtvtv

Postby doctorcad » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:03 am

That is one channel I would pay for, but that's not an option.
doctorcad

Postby Gilgamesh » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:41 am

In the case of Charter, I don't know for sure about the others, if you get your internet through them you can receive EPIX on line for free. You do not need to subscribe to the EPIX cable ch. In fact you do not even need cable TV from them.
Gilgamesh

Postby jcmolet » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:32 am

Gilgamesh wrote:In the case of Charter, I don't know for sure about the others, if you get your internet through them you can receive EPIX on line for free. You do not need to subscribe to the EPIX cable ch. In fact you do not even need cable TV from them.

Similar story with Cox.
jcmolet

Postby doctorcad » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:30 pm

jcmolet wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:In the case of Charter, I don't know for sure about the others, if you get your internet through them you can receive EPIX on line for free. You do not need to subscribe to the EPIX cable ch. In fact you do not even need cable TV from them.

Similar story with Cox.

But NOT with TW
doctorcad

Postby ReZZyN » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:00 am

This is also my question, but I have DirectTV and we're not listed in the providers accepted page. So, does that mean I can't get it at all after my 14 day trial???? If just on my computer, how would I get it on my Roku???
ReZZyN

Postby RokuShawnS » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:26 am

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=38665

• When creating a topic, please perform a search or glance over the first two pages before posting the topic, as it may have been covered already. In general, if a thread is more than six months old, it will be best for our moderators if you generate a new thread, to prevent confusion.
Forum Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion