Ultraviolet on Flixster for Roku?

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Ultraviolet on Flixster for Roku?

Postby shelleyp » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:19 pm

I know there's a thread on Ultraviolet elsewhere, but this is specific to Roku:

I just received my first blu-ray that includes an Ultraviolet digital copy. I redeem it through Flixster.

I had hoped since Flixster works with Roku, I'd be able to connect up and redeem this with my Roku, but no such luck. The Roku app doesn't provide login capability.

Anyone know if Flixster on Roku will be modified so Roku users can stream their Ultraviolet movies on the device?
shelleyp

Re: Ultraviolet on Flixster for Roku?

Postby gonzotek » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:26 pm

shelleyp wrote:I know there's a thread on Ultraviolet elsewhere, but this is specific to Roku:

I just received my first blu-ray that includes an Ultraviolet digital copy. I redeem it through Flixster.

I had hoped since Flixster works with Roku, I'd be able to connect up and redeem this with my Roku, but no such luck. The Roku app doesn't provide login capability.

Anyone know if Flixster on Roku will be modified so Roku users can stream their Ultraviolet movies on the device?
Don't know if they're planning to, but I'm throwing in a +1 request for it! :)
Remoku.tv - A free web app for Roku Remote Control!
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
by Apps4TV - Applications for television and beyond: http://www.apps4tv.com
gonzotek
** Valued Community Member **

Postby shelleyp » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:57 am

From the page where you can access the movie for streaming, it has a television icon with "Watch on your TV - coming soon", so I am assuming that it will be made available for devices like the Roku.
shelleyp

Postby rolandourbina » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:42 am

What I found with the ultraviolet codes is that u can create an account with Vudu.com and use your uv code there. Works perfectly with roku. I don't care for flixter too much at this point. Vudu works awesome with roku!!
rolandourbina

Postby mkiker2089 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:41 pm

Even if you redeem it on flixster it should still show up on Vudu. UV is universal that way. Currently the flixster issue is on their end. They don't support watching on TVs.
-Marshall-

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089

Postby Beryl » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:48 pm

mkiker2089 wrote:Even if you redeem it on flixster it should still show up on Vudu. UV is universal that way. Currently the flixster issue is on their end. They don't support watching on TVs.

Unfortunately, this isn't the case for all content -- Person of Interest TV series, for example. Either Vudu needs to start supporting these UV shows or Flixster needs to support TVs. For now, I Airplay/Mirror from Flixster to an ATV.
Beryl

Postby Scarbo » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:37 pm

I'm guessing based on the age of this thread that nothing has been done to correct this... if anyone has new information, please let me know. I got my family some ultraviolet movies for Christmas and redeemed them on flixter only to find out I was SOL getting them to play on Roku. SIgh!
Scarbo

Postby Tivoburkee » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:54 pm

If you link your accounts, UV movies should show up on either VUDU, Target, or Mgo. No guarantee it will be available, majority are.
Tivoburkee

Postby TBDave » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:30 am

The Flixster channel just got an update. You can now watch your UV collection.
TBDave

Postby beq » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:55 am

Good update, I like the new UI as well.

Quite a few UV channels on the Roku now... do most people install all of them, or do they find that just one or two (such as VUDU or the built-in M-GO) can handle all the movies in their UV library?
beq

Postby gonzotek » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:44 pm

beq wrote:Good update, I like the new UI as well.

Quite a few UV channels on the Roku now... do most people install all of them, or do they find that just one or two (such as VUDU or the built-in M-GO) can handle all the movies in their UV library?

I've installed most (if not all) of them. Sometimes one vendor will have a better price than another (due to a store-wide sale or coupon code) and I like to shop around for the best deals. Plus if there's a playback problem with one vendor, it's easiest to switch to another for playback if everything is already set up.
Remoku.tv - A free web app for Roku Remote Control!
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
by Apps4TV - Applications for television and beyond: http://www.apps4tv.com
gonzotek
** Valued Community Member **

Postby RickRansom » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:13 pm

gonzotek wrote:Plus if there's a playback problem with one vendor, it's easiest to switch to another for playback if everything is already set up.

That makes sense. I just tried to fire up a show on M-GO and it got stuck on trying to load the title page. Did a little search and found this:
January 16th, 2014
We are monitoring an issue regarding the availability of M-GO Movie & TV show titles on the Roku player. Roku and M-GO are aware of this issue and M-GO is working to resolve this as soon as possible. There is no need to contact Customer Service at this time, we also do not recommend any troubleshooting steps during this issue. We will be sure to update this FAQ as we receive more details. We thank you for your patience.

Sooooo.. Vudu, M-GO, and Flixster. Right. Thanks!
Retired
RickRansom

Postby djc79 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:01 pm

I've emailed Flixster & they said customers cant access their account through the Roku app at this time They said maybe in the future but no specific date though
djc79

Postby thetick » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:22 pm

Flixster is horrible. No movies just trailers. What does Flixster have to do with UV if one can't even watch the movies? For selling movies that can't even be viewed Flixster should be reported to the Better Business Bureau. I removed Flixster because there are channels that actually let you watch the UV movies you purchased. Watch UV movies with MGo, Target Ticket or Vudu. The only issue with UV is the channel you pick to watch the movie must have your purchased movie available in that channel's library.
thetick

Postby Tivoburkee » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:17 am

With today's update on flixster, I can watch the majority of my UV collection on roku. Of course I can them all on VUDU.
Tivoburkee

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion