NHL Gamecenter Live Streaming Rules?

Discussions about Roku products, channels, and Roku-related topics.

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

NHL Gamecenter Live Streaming Rules?

Postby 555.johnanderson » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:25 pm

Let me begin by stating that I have spent more than an hour over the course of two days on hold with NHL Gamecenter Live. Nice support for my $159.00.

I have a few questions.

First, how many Roku devices can I activate on my NHL Gamecenter Live account?
According to the Roku activation screen, I have activated two; one at my home in IL and another in my daughter's home in MO.

Second, the Roku in my daughter's home in MO would not play any games last night (10/18/2011). Each game can with a comment that the game was not available in her market. Every game. 75% of my motivation to order was to enable her to be able to watch the Blackhawks in Columbia, MO. Is this even possible?

I may have been watching at the same time. Could this be the reason?
555.johnanderson

Re: NHL Gamecenter Live Streaming Rules?

Postby Gilgamesh » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:53 pm

555.johnanderson wrote:Let me begin by stating that I have spent more than an hour over the course of two days on hold with NHL Gamecenter Live. Nice support for my $159.00.

I have a few questions.

First, how many Roku devices can I activate on my NHL Gamecenter Live account?
According to the Roku activation screen, I have activated two; one at my home in IL and another in my daughter's home in MO.

Second, the Roku in my daughter's home in MO would not play any games last night (10/18/2011). Each game can with a comment that the game was not available in her market. Every game. 75% of my motivation to order was to enable her to be able to watch the Blackhawks in Columbia, MO. Is this even possible?

I may have been watching at the same time. Could this be the reason?

I think that an account can stream only one game at a time. Also I think it is a violation of the terms of service to have one account for two locations.

I believe you and your daughter would need separate accounts to run in two different locations to two devices.
Gilgamesh

Postby 555.johnanderson » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:13 pm

That has occurred to me also but I would really appreciate a definitive answer from NHL Gamecenter. Netflix, for example, allows several users to access one account for a fee FAR less than the NHL charges. If Gamecenter Live allows only one user for such an expensive subscription it represents a pretty poor value IMO. My first clue should have been all the wasted time time trying to reach their tech support.
555.johnanderson

Postby 555.johnanderson » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:19 pm

Okay, I've learned two things. First, the best way to get your questions answer by NHL Gamecenter is email. Thank you for the quick reply!

Second, regarding the number of devices, straight from the horse's mouth:

Hello John,

Your request about Blackout Questions has been received at 10/19/2011 07:31 PM

You can link the same account with up to 5 devices, but you can only be signed in or connected on a single device at any given time. If you plan on watching simultaneously on multiple computers or devices, you will have to have a separate login profile and subscription for each device.

NHL Web Support

That's more like it.

Thank you.
555.johnanderson

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion