Pac Man in channel store

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Re: Pac Man in channel store

Postby shdware » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:04 pm

I'm impressed that RokuAnthony posts here!

This is an amazing benefit of buying a product from a small company. You would not see this participation from Apple!
4200R [Roku 3]

Formerly:
3100X [Roku 2 XS]
2050X [Roku XD]

42" VIZIO via HDMI @ 1080p
Comcast 20Mbit
shdware

Postby stratcat96 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:42 pm

thehypercube wrote:I purchased the game last night & own both XS for the living room and XD for the bedroom. The game does not appear to require a motion game remote, as it worked on my XD in the bedroom with standard remote. It only requires the 4 way D-pad.

The only problem I had, and this was on both devices, is that the sound clips out intermittently. I opened a support ticket with Roku about it and will try and follow up. For anyone else that purchased the game, did you have any issues? Memory slowdown, audio issues?

I did notice something RE: the remotes. Kind of frustrated with the pacman guy not responding correctly to my directional pad presses, I grabbed the IR remote from my XDS and played the game. What I noticed was that he responded better to directional presses BUT every time I pressed a button on the IR remote the game slowed for a split second and there was a sound "skip". Obviously using the IR remote isn't the ideal choice to play games, especially a faster-paced one but it appeared that the slight lag in send-receive time to the unit slowed it down for a split second. I'm not familiar with the non-gaming remotes, are they bluetooth, or are they in fact IR? If they are IR that would certainly account for the issues you are seeing
stratcat96
** Valued Community Member **

Postby renojim » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:29 am

IR
renojim

Postby stratcat96 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:24 am

renojim wrote:IR

that would explain it then :)
stratcat96

Postby joe_wht » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Your Correct... Mine does the EXACT SAME THING.. like 9 out of 10 times !!!

Your going UP or Down and you press the right / left button and he
either goes UP or the Wrong Way !

Now if you come to a - T - .. you can direct him in another direction..

I even changed my batteries.. no help..

HOWEVER.. the other games.. The Direction works ~ FINE ~

... so it's a Pac Man Software issue..
joe_wht

Postby kc8pql » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:14 pm

shdware wrote:I'm impressed that RokuAnthony posts here!

This is an amazing benefit of buying a product from a small company. You would not see this participation from Apple!

Anthony does indeed post very occasionally. I think you can be sure that all the Roku higher ups keep a close eye on this forum even when they're not posting.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql

Postby stratcat96 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:30 pm

joe_wht wrote:Your Correct... Mine does the EXACT SAME THING.. like 9 out of 10 times !!!

Your going UP or Down and you press the right / left button and he
either goes UP or the Wrong Way !

Now if you come to a - T - .. you can direct him in another direction..

I even changed my batteries.. no help..

HOWEVER.. the other games.. The Direction works ~ FINE ~

... so it's a Pac Man Software issue..

THANK YOU for confirming it. I hope this little issue makes it's way to Namco so I can beat my piddly high score so far :lol:
stratcat96

Postby thehypercube » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:22 pm

My issues were resolved by the firmware update, but I do agree that some of the controls are not working optimally. I will keep checking in to this thread to see if you find a resolution.

UPDATE: Disregard the above. It is actually still clipping out audio frequently, even after the firmware update on my XD. I haven't been able to test on the XS further. Will do more testing this weekend. I tried to take a video with my phone but it came out poorly and my wife is trying to go to sleep. Will do that again over the weekend too.
thehypercube

Postby cwniles » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:08 am

Me as well as some others have thought about the possibility of using the gaming remote with Pac Man in the horizontal config...holding it with two hands....that position seems much more comfortable and stable which I think would translate to more precise movements.

I wish they at least had the option to use the remote in the horizontal position on Pac Man.....I mean seriously, if you have a gaming remote, hold that sucker sideways like a game controller and you will see what I mean.....both Galaga and Storm in a Teacup use the horizontal config so it's not something that can't be done.
Roku 2 XS>HDMI>Denon AVR-361>HDMI>Samsung 2333HD
Scientific Atlanta Cable Modem DPC2100R2 >Dynex DX-E402 Router (no wifi)
USB>Seagate Barracuda 7200 SATA 1TB in dock.
Roku S/N 13A16H000141
cwniles

Postby stratcat96 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:27 am

cwniles wrote:Me as well as some others have thought about the possibility of using the gaming remote with Pac Man in the horizontal config...holding it with two hands....that position seems much more comfortable and stable which I think would translate to more precise movements.

I wish they at least had the option to use the remote in the horizontal position on Pac Man.....I mean seriously, if you have a gaming remote, hold that sucker sideways like a game controller and you will see what I mean.....both Galaga and Storm in a Teacup use the horizontal config so it's not something that can't be done.

I think they probably designed the game that way because you don't use any buttons other than when you press "ok" to select from the main screen
stratcat96

Postby DBDukes » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:30 am

shdware wrote:I'm impressed that RokuAnthony posts here!

Yeah, Steve Jobs never emailed anyone back. Tim Cook, either. Oh, wait...
DBDukes
Roku 3, Roku 2 XS, Roku XD
DBDukes

Postby cwniles » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:44 am

stratcat96 wrote:
cwniles wrote:Me as well as some others have thought about the possibility of using the gaming remote with Pac Man in the horizontal config...holding it with two hands....that position seems much more comfortable and stable which I think would translate to more precise movements.

I think they probably designed the game that way because you don't use any buttons other than when you press "ok" to select from the main screen

sure, makes sense, but still, give me the option to hold it sideways, that's all I am sayin'
Roku 2 XS>HDMI>Denon AVR-361>HDMI>Samsung 2333HD
Scientific Atlanta Cable Modem DPC2100R2 >Dynex DX-E402 Router (no wifi)
USB>Seagate Barracuda 7200 SATA 1TB in dock.
Roku S/N 13A16H000141
cwniles

Previous

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion