[Private Channel] Food Network Nighttime (FNNIGHT)

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Re: [Private Channel] Food Network Nighttime (FNNIGHT)

Postby TheEndless » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:27 am

cflat wrote:
RokuChris wrote:
thegb wrote:I get this error every time I try to play an episode off of FNNIGHT:
Error
An unexpected error occurred during playback (Error Details: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.).

Perhaps your firmware needs updating. I've been tinkering with this content for quite a while and I know it did not play well in previous versions.

I am up to date on the latest firmware, and it still no worky.

EDIT: I just published an update that should hopefully make the channel work on 1509 as well. Please enter and exit the channel store to update...

Chris is right. Apparently the videos don't work on 1509. And unfortunately, it sounds like they still haven't made 1527/29 available to everyone yet. That's what I get for releasing a new channel mid-update cycle. Sorry 1509 users, but there's nothing I can do at this point, aside from suggesting doing a Settings->Player Info->Check For Update to see if you can get 1527/29, yet...
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Justin.tv (JUSTINTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Postby cflat » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:50 am

TheEndless wrote:Chris is right. Apparently the videos don't work on 1509. And unfortunately, it sounds like they still haven't made 1527/29 available to everyone yet. That's what I get for releasing a new channel mid-update cycle. Sorry 1509 users, but there's nothing I can do at this point, aside from suggesting doing a Settings->Player Info->Check For Update to see if you can get 1527/29, yet...

Thanks TheEndless, and thanks RokuChris. I will await access to the new build. Currently 1509 is the latest I can get via settings.
cflat

Postby TheEndless » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:57 am

cflat wrote:
TheEndless wrote:Chris is right. Apparently the videos don't work on 1509. And unfortunately, it sounds like they still haven't made 1527/29 available to everyone yet. That's what I get for releasing a new channel mid-update cycle. Sorry 1509 users, but there's nothing I can do at this point, aside from suggesting doing a Settings->Player Info->Check For Update to see if you can get 1527/29, yet...

Thanks TheEndless, and thanks RokuChris. I will await access to the new build. Currently 1509 is the latest I can get via settings.

cflat, I just edited my last response. Visit the channel store to update the channel and give it another try.
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Justin.tv (JUSTINTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless

Postby cflat » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:12 pm

TheEndless wrote:cflat, I just edited my last response. Visit the channel store to update the channel and give it another try.

Thanks, I'll try that. Right now I appear to be having an unrelated channel store issue. It will not load properly and the Food Network Nighttime channel has disappeared from my lineup...

Update: Now that the hiccup in the channel store is resolved, The Food Network Nighttime channel works great. Thanks again.
cflat

Postby thegb » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:20 pm

Thanks for the update, that fixed the error and everything seems to be working/playing great.

You just made my wife one happy lady.
thegb

Postby brhythm » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:17 pm

First post, but I've been lurking for a month or so. Endless, THANK YOU! I'm at the office now, so I haven't actually seen the channel, but I'm sure it'll be cool. Other than documentaries/history/other typical guy stuff, Food Network is about the only other thing I watch. Since switching to a Roku from DirecTV (where I had been a subscriber since '95--when dishes cost $899!), the cooking show options have been scant. Perhaps now I can get my Good Eats and Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives fix! Paypal donation sent!
brhythm

Postby nighthawk_md » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:53 pm

Which specific shows does "Food Network Nighttime" cover? A (very) cursory glance at foodnetwork.com and google does not really spell it out.
nighthawk_md

Postby ApK » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:56 pm

Too cool. A few more like this and we WILL be able to drop sat....

Endless, do you have any source for Indycar races....?

ApK
ApK

Postby fallsmatt » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:19 am

Thanks for getting this channel up, Endless! Works great here, and lots of good content.

I only wish they would make their daytime programming as well - alot of their best content is from their daytime cooking shows.
fallsmatt

Postby ApK » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:07 am

iPhone users, are the TV.com videos as low-framerate on the iPhone as they are on the Roku?
ApK

Postby derobert » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:59 pm

Channel seems to have stopped working recently, or at least it isn't working tonight. It doesn't see any shows.
Roku Orig. (20F93E011586) → Onkyo SR-606 → Vizio SV470XVT (all HDMI)
Roku 2 XS (13A166000184) ───┘ │
Roku LT (16A18K002429) → HDMI Switch ─┘ (this one uses 802.11g)
FiOS Business ↔ Linux Router ↔ Rokus (wired ethernet)
derobert

Postby TheEndless » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:35 am

derobert wrote:Channel seems to have stopped working recently, or at least it isn't working tonight. It doesn't see any shows.

Works for me. There may have been a temporary glitch last night.
TheEndless

Postby boomalatty » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:32 am

I realize this thread is old, but maybe it will still be seen. Anyway, it seems the Food Network channel is doing it again. Nothing is loading. It just pops up with an error. The same is true if I try to watch them from the Nowhere TV.
boomalatty

Postby derobert » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:22 am

Same here. But it works in Nowhere TV if I pick 'play with social' (but not normal play). Annoying, especially now that there are episodes of Good Eats available again.
Roku Orig. (20F93E011586) → Onkyo SR-606 → Vizio SV470XVT (all HDMI)
Roku 2 XS (13A166000184) ───┘ │
Roku LT (16A18K002429) → HDMI Switch ─┘ (this one uses 802.11g)
FiOS Business ↔ Linux Router ↔ Rokus (wired ethernet)
derobert

Postby jhuddleston » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:28 pm

I am experiencing the same thing. Food Network plays in NowhereTV as social and not with its own channel
jhuddleston

PreviousNext

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion