Roku Remote won't work

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Roku Remote won't work

Postby lobizao » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:12 pm

My Roku 2 remote won't do anything. It has brand new batteries, and I was standing two feet away from the remote, and it still didn't do anything. It has two green lights flashing under the B button, so I know it's "alive" but it's killing me that it won't do crap!
lobizao

Re: Roku Remote won't work

Postby Gilgamesh » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:31 pm

You have, probably, lost pairing. Just re-pair it in the settings menu or try the button under the battery cover.
Gilgamesh

Postby renojim » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:34 pm

Do the LEDs flash when you press a button, or are they flashing constantly? If they only flash when you press a button, it means the batteries are low. If they're flashing constantly, unplug the box and plug it back it to reboot it.

-JT
renojim
** Valued Community Member **

Postby lahodges » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:19 pm

i bought a brand new Roku 3 and it would not pair up with the remote. Best Buy swapped the entire box and the second one would not either. I spent over 2.5 hours on the phone with tech support going in circles. Basically they told me that they had no idea why it wouldn't work and to return it and get a lower model like the Roku 2X and not keep swapping out Roku 3 with Best Buy. Seriously I don't want to go backwards in technology. I think I am going to check out the Chromecast and just never purchase another Roku item again.
lahodges

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion