Connect Wii and Roku together on SD TV?

Moderators: RokuShawnS, RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Connect Wii and Roku together on SD TV?

Postby jeffj318 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:49 am

I have an SD TV so using the red, yellow and white plugs for Roku and Wii has the same.
Is there some way to connect the plugs together so I don't have to keep pulling them out to put the other ones in :?:
jeffj318

Re: Connect Wii and Roku together on SD TV?

Postby mkiker2089 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:53 am

You can use a game selector. That's what they are called usually. It's a box that goes between the TV and consoles.

The Wii can use component connections, do you have those on the TV? If so I'd get a component cable. It'd give you a better picture perhaps. SD is limited on how much better however.
-Marshall-

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089

Postby socantra » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:57 am

Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.
socantra

Postby jeffj318 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:42 pm

Thanks so much. Just what the doctor ordered. I will get the one from Amazon. Hopefully, in the future I can upgrade to an HD TV. :D
jeffj318

Postby hozedhead » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:12 pm

Jumping in late here, and the switch should certainly work, but if you have an old VCR you may not need to buy one. I run my cable thru the VCR via coax, and my DVD and Wii thru the VCR via composite inputs (front and back). The VCR is connected to the TV by coax and acts as a RF modulator, leaving the composite inputs on the TV available for the Roku. This way I avoid getting up to manually switch between inputs. You didn't mention what make and model TV you have, but if it has coax and composite inputs then this setup should work.

I would avoid running the Roku through the VCR, however, because macrovision screws up the picture from Netflix, at least in my case. For some strange reason the VCR passes the DVD picture thru fine, though. I guess the picture might get messed up on the tape if I tried to record a DVD to VHS, but I digress.
Roku HD N1000 Serial #20G984014682 Software V. 3.1 Build 1167
hozedhead

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion