Telemundo Channel

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Telemundo Channel

Postby zekefreed777 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:05 pm

Hello everybody. I'm new around the block, and I recently purchased a roku XD. I'm wondering where I can find Telemundo on Roku, or be able to request it as a channel or part of a channel because I don't see any guidelines online as to what I should do.

http://msnlatino.telemundo.com/

What I'm interested in is maybe putting up shows and news along with the sopa operas. That's pretty much it :D
zekefreed777

Re: Telemundo Channel

Postby Gilgamesh » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:16 pm

What you would need to do is contact Telemundo and tell them about the Roku and convince them to create or get someone to create the ch you want.

Since Telemundo owns the rights to the content they would have to grant permission for any legal ch on the Roku and Roku will (correctly) not allow any other kind of ch.
Gilgamesh

Postby zekefreed777 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:15 pm

Sweet. Thanx for the info. I contacted them before, but from the reaction I got, they didn't know what a roku was and they treated me like a loon XXD
zekefreed777

Postby mikebdoss » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:54 pm

Telemundo likely does NOT own the rights to most of their shows - very few networks actually do. They might be able to make a channel with a few of their own shows on, but not many.

Don't you get it Over the air? Here in the LA area, we get it great.
mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Postby stratcat96 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:59 pm

Telemundo Communications Group, the network's parent company, is part of the NBC Universal division of Comcast. I'm not sure if they'd be chomping at the bit to make a channel but one can always try. Mike is right though, Telemundo is an OTA channel and a set of rabbit ears should get you it just fine
stratcat96

Postby zekefreed777 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:19 pm

Nope, I tried the ears and they don't work. Any special tips I need to make it work?
zekefreed777

Postby stratcat96 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:26 pm

zekefreed777 wrote:Nope, I tried the ears and they don't work. Any special tips I need to make it work?

how far are you from the transmitters? Try going to http://antennaweb.org, plug in your address and it will tell you what kind of antenna you need to pick up the available channels in your area
stratcat96

Postby zekefreed777 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:18 pm

Yep, checked on antennaweb.org and got another antenna that actually HAD ears. The last antenna was one of those dingy flat ones, so I don't recommend them to anybody.
zekefreed777

Postby stratcat96 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:23 pm

while for some if they are close enough to transmitters, the amplified flat antennas will work fine. Unfortunately most indoor antennas are built for style, not performance. The wavelengths of uhf and vhf waves are different, so most indoor antennas do great with the uhf but not vhf. I used that website and picked up an outdoor antenna that I mounted to the post where my DirecTV dish was, aimed to the compass bearing the website gave me, and plugged it into the cable feed that ran into the house. Now all my tvs in the house plug into the wall just as they would with cable/sat. and I get around 40-45 channels crystal clear, including Telemundo (but I did delete it out of the tuner because I don't speak spanish).
stratcat96

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion