African Info Media & TelAfrica Channels

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

African Info Media & TelAfrica Channels

Postby MidWestGuy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:16 pm

Out of curiosity I added African Info Media and TelAfrica channels on my Roku. From the time I've been browsing those channels it seems TelAfrica is pay channel. Have any of you tried them out? I believe they have programming from Nigeria. From all the scams that come from that country I would be a little
scared giving them any of my information. The same for African Info Media. I tried watching a program on that channel and it wants me to go to their site and inter a code. I have not been on any of their sites because the last thing I want to do is go on a Nigerian site.

Are these channels legitimate or are they scams that often come out of Nigeria?
MidWestGuy

Re: African Info Media & TelAfrica Channels

Postby catastrophegirl » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:40 pm

i'm sure there are plenty of people in nigeria who aren't scammers and don't want to be associated with scammers and have normal jobs - like making television shows.
i haven't tried either of the channels, it's not in my budget. but i've done some research on them.

both of the channels have content from multiple african countries.
telafric appears to be based in canada, from their website:

Mailing Address
744 Wilson Avenue
Toronto, Ontario
M3K 1E5
Canada

african info media appears to be a paid channel, only accepting paypal for the registration transaction, but i don't know the cost. it may be pay per item and they want your paypal on file to make on demand content purchases
http://www.africaninfomedia.com/roku/
N1000, roku1 XD/s, roku2 xs, roku3
wireless
speed range from ~18-20mbps
http://catastrophegirlsrokuchanneldata.blogspot.com/
twitter: catastrophegirl
PM or tweet me if you want a channel added to my list, a correction or to update a developers' credit
catastrophegirl
** Valued Community Member **

Postby MidWestGuy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:52 pm

Well Canada is not much better considering the number of scams that come from that country.
MidWestGuy

Postby socantra » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:16 am

MidWestGuy wrote:Well Canada is not much better considering the number of scams that come from that country.

Is there ANY country you do approve of? :)
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.
socantra

Postby Tina Yemi » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:00 pm

I have Telafric on my ROku and i love it.
I actually got it for free since they have a promotion going on
THey seem to be very professional people. Their customer service is also fantastic.
i had to call them over the holidays and the lady i spoke with was absolutly pleasant.
Please stop hating
Tina Yemi

Postby Tina Yemi » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:00 pm

MidWestGuy wrote:Out of curiosity I added African Info Media and TelAfrica channels on my Roku. From the time I've been browsing those channels it seems TelAfrica is pay channel. Have any of you tried them out? I believe they have programming from Nigeria. From all the scams that come from that country I would be a little
scared giving them any of my information. The same for African Info Media. I tried watching a program on that channel and it wants me to go to their site and inter a code. I have not been on any of their sites because the last thing I want to do is go on a Nigerian site.

Are these channels legitimate or are they scams that often come out of Nigeria?

I have Telafric on my ROku and i love it.
THey seem to be very professional people. Their customer service is also fantastic.
i had to call them over the holidays and the lady i spoke with was absolutly pleasant.
Please stop hating
Tina Yemi

Postby catastrophegirl » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Tina Yemi wrote:I have Telafric on my ROku and i love it.
Please stop hating

Tina, thanks for the info. i'm always looking for new channel information and opinions from viewers. it's also nice to know about the promotion going on!
N1000, roku1 XD/s, roku2 xs, roku3
wireless
speed range from ~18-20mbps
http://catastrophegirlsrokuchanneldata.blogspot.com/
twitter: catastrophegirl
PM or tweet me if you want a channel added to my list, a correction or to update a developers' credit
catastrophegirl
** Valued Community Member **

Postby MidWestGuy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:03 pm

I was wanting to give them a try but I just want to make sure if I go to their site I won't get a virus from them or they won't try to cheat me. I'm all for international programming. That's why I added those channels to my Roku in the first place. But I'm not going to get suckered.
MidWestGuy

Postby Keji78 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:46 pm

I have Afromedia and the channel has a vast collection of Nollywood movies. Nigerian movies and programming. If you do not want to directly add your information to their website then go to paypal and link your information. That way your transaction is secure.
Keji78

Postby AYOMIGHT » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:34 am

Ironically none of them are working now. Typical naija business start big but no maintenance
AYOMIGHT

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion