Angry birds makes me angry

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Angry birds makes me angry

Postby dmp27 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:01 pm

I am almost completely done with the game EXCEPT:

- I can't play level 14. Even after getting 3 stars in levels 1-13, I still can't play this level.
- I can't get the golden egg while pausing the level and hitting the "?." In order for you to retreive the egg, you need to click on it with the hand. Without the option in this menu, you can not get the golden egg.
- You can not retreive the egg in the chest on level 1-8 because you also need a hand.

When do you expect for the Birthday Party levels to be available?
dmp27

Re: Angry birds makes me angry

Postby RokuShawnS » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:05 pm

I can only answer #1 at the moment: This is a known issue, and is being investigated. The only work-around that has worked internally has been to replay the last level before 14 multiple times, though the number of times may vary. We've definitely reproduced it, but are having difficulty tracking down the root cause.

C. Shawn Smith
Forum Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Postby dmp27 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Do you have to have 3 stars every time on 13-15 or just find any way to defeat it 14 times?
dmp27

Postby RokuShawnS » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:12 pm

That, I'm not certain about, but I'll look into it tomorrow morning when I get back on "official" duty. I remember an email thread in which this was discussed, and one of the QA members talked about this workaround, but didn't provide too many details on it.

Since we've been able to reproduce the issue, it shouldn't take us too much longer to figure out why. And from what I gather, it only affects a small percentage of players.

*Edit* Going to check something real quick ...

C. Shawn Smith
Forum Community Liaison

------------
RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Postby dmp27 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:13 pm

Sounds good. I'll try playin around with it tonight and see what I come up with. Can't sleep so it'll keep me busy then. If not, I'll check back tomorrow. Thanks!
dmp27

Postby RokuShawnS » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:14 pm

Send me your Serial Number in a PM. Might have a solution, if you don't mind being a guinea pig and can provide feedback for us about this issue.

C. Shawn Smith
Forum Community Liaison

------------
RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Postby themommab » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:39 am

We are having the same trouble! Also, when is the other one that says "coming soon" going to open?
themommab

Postby dmp27 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:25 pm

Ok, so I figured out the "?" golden egg.

In any level, when you go thru the "?" menu on how to use the birds and remote, on the screen that had the egg, just hit B on the remote a few times and it retreives it.

Not sure if this was figured out at all but it worked!
dmp27

Postby dmp27 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:31 pm

Annnnnnd.... just got the 1-8 egg. Zoom into the chest and hit "B" a few times til the egg pops up.

Now just trying to figure out the whole 14th level and patiently waiting for level 17. : )
dmp27

Postby ynned54 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:58 am

dmp27 wrote:I am almost completely done with the game EXCEPT:

- I can't play level 14. Even after getting 3 stars in levels 1-13, I still can't play this level.
- I can't get the golden egg while pausing the level and hitting the "?." In order for you to retreive the egg, you need to click on it with the hand. Without the option in this menu, you can not get the golden egg.
- You can not retreive the egg in the chest on level 1-8 because you also need a hand.

same here! can not get to level 14.... same with the hand (or lack of a hand ) now what ? any suggestions? plz help.... :? We have beaten it several times , beaten the score at 3xs.....now up to 156,420. Must you beat the game or beat the previous score. To try to beat the score is a bit discouraging to say the least.... :( :evil: can any one answer this?
Last edited by ynned54 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ynned54

Postby djwilso » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:02 pm

To test the theory of "play the last level of 13 lots of times", I did just that today.

I completed 13-15 about 40 times. I have it down to a science, and my high score is over 46000 now. :D I got 3 stars most of the time and got 1 star a few times. I noticed that I never, ever got 2 stars. It was always 1 or 3.

And, for my trouble, I have absolutely no results. 14-1 remains just as locked as always.

My XS has a 16GB SDHC memory card installed. Anyone else having this issue also have a memory card?

I had reported this issue back at the beginning of January and am patiently waiting for a fix.
Roku 3 [Wired] 1GN381037973 -> HDMI -> Denon AVR-2809CI -> HDMI -> Sharp LC-80LE844U
ISP: Cox Communications, 25mbps down / 5mbps up
Router: Netgear R6300 V1.0.2.70_1.0.50
Cable Modem: Motorola SB6121
Time zone: Arizona (UTC-7)
djwilso

Postby dmp27 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:35 pm

YAAAY the moment has come for level 14 to now be available!!

Go into your channel store and back out. Let the update run its course (might take a little while). Go in and beat 13-15 and 14-1 will now be available!!

Now we just have to wait patiently for level 17 and 18 (Birthday Cake level)!!

Thanks Shawn!
dmp27

Postby RickRansom » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:21 pm

dmp27 wrote:YAAAY the moment has come for level 14 to now be available!!

Go into your channel store and back out. Let the update run its course (might take a little while). Go in and beat 13-15 and 14-1 will now be available!!

Now we just have to wait patiently for level 17 and 18 (Birthday Cake level)!!

Thanks Shawn!

I never imagined how big a difference the Angry Birds game bring to Roku especially for you guys. I don't really play the game on my Roku but it sure sounds nice that they got it fixed. I just hope nobody just drops in on this thread with a wild tantrum without performing the steps you mentioned - the tantrum would be understandable, but you know :wink: .
Retired
RickRansom

Postby ynned54 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:33 pm

ynned54 wrote:
dmp27 wrote:I am almost completely done with the game EXCEPT:

same here! can not get to level 14.... same with the hand (or lack of a hand ) now what ? any suggestions? plz help.... :? We have beaten it several times , beaten the score at 3xs.....now up to 156,420. Must you beat the game or beat the previous score. To try to beat the score is a bit discouraging to say the least.... :( :evil: can any one answer this?

YAY ! We are playing ! TY for all your hard work ! :D
ynned54

Postby moonglow225 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:22 am

I finally was able to get the "Information" golden egg and the treasure chest by pressing the A button on the remote. I read here some have been successful in pressing the B button, but that didn't work on my remote. It was the A button.
moonglow225

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion