Max Go

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Max Go

Postby fpembleton » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:28 pm

I don't know if anyone has an interest in Max Go being available as a Roku Channel. I do, and made the request. If there are others who would like to see this happen, I would ask that you also make the request and maybe this channel will be a part of Roku. Thanking you in advance.
fpembleton

Re: Max Go

Postby skip737 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:01 pm

I have had my Roku XD for several months now, and use HBOGO regularly. I can use MAXGO on my wife's Iphone and my computer. Where is MAXGO on the Roku? I have joined a Roku chat on several occasions, and asked this question many times, and gotten no definitive answer. The folks at Roku seem to be clueless as to the future availability of MAXGO. What is the big hangup? It uses the same authentication as HBOGO. It would seem to me to be quite a simple process. What am I missing?
skip737

Postby Gilgamesh » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:52 pm

skip737 wrote:I have had my Roku XD for several months now, and use HBOGO regularly. I can use MAXGO on my wife's Iphone and my computer. Where is MAXGO on the Roku? I have joined a Roku chat on several occasions, and asked this question many times, and gotten no definitive answer. The folks at Roku seem to be clueless as to the future availability of MAXGO. What is the big hangup? It uses the same authentication as HBOGO. It would seem to me to be quite a simple process. What am I missing?

You are missing the fact that Roku does not generally write channels. The responsibility for creating the ch and for authentication lies with the owners of MAXGO.

Think of it like this: The internet is a highway system. Roku is a truck that carries cargo along the highway. The channels are containers that are delivered by the truck. Content is the objects in those containers.

The containers (Channels) are loaded at the owners end and then delivered by your truck (Roku) to your TV.

The owners are responsible for both the containers and their content the truck is responsible for getting the containers delivered intact and, as is rarely the case in the actual world of shipping, unloading the containers as needed.

So to get a MAXGO channel the content owners need to build a container and load it up with their content and then ship it to you via your Roku.
Last edited by Gilgamesh on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gilgamesh

Postby RickRansom » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:13 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:You are missing the fact that Roku does not generally write channels. The responsibility for cheating the ch and for authentication lies with the owners of MAXGO.
Although it seems a little obvious that this could simply a possible typo error, I can't help but grin at this statement. :mrgreen:
Retired
RickRansom

Postby Gilgamesh » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:32 pm

RickRansom wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:You are missing the fact that Roku does not generally write channels. The responsibility for cheating the ch and for authentication lies with the owners of MAXGO.
Although it seems a little obvious that this could simply a possible typo error, I can't help but grin at this statement. :mrgreen:

Ah, the joys of spell check without proper proof reading. At least it was spelled correctly. :twisted:
I will change it in the original post but I wonder how far off it is when discussing HBO, Max and the like.
Gilgamesh

Postby RickRansom » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:38 pm

All good. Getting back to the topic though, you are right. If you(the OP and everybody else who wants to get a MaxGo channel) want to get MaxGo on Roku, they(MaxGo) are the ones who need to put up a channel on roku since it's their content that's gonna be made available on roku. The only question that remains is that, does MaxGo have any current plans of putting up a channel on roku? I'm not sure - but that's just me. :wink:

HBOGo already has a similar(if not the same) service available on roku. The only catch is that you need to be an existing HBOGo subscriber and your provider needs to authorize the roku.
Retired
RickRansom

Postby udamodar » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:32 am

Pls make this channel a global channel
udamodar

Postby tad » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:52 pm

Come on, Roku!! Put some pressure on Cinemax and get us a MaxGo channel!! You have chromecast to compete with now...
tad

Postby Gilgamesh » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:56 pm

tad wrote:Come on, Roku!! Put some pressure on Cinemax and get us a MaxGo channel!! You have chromecast to compete with now...

See the forum rules:
In general, if a thread is more than six months old, it will be best for our moderators if you generate a new thread, to prevent confusion.
Gilgamesh

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion