How to connect Roku/cable DVR box

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

How to connect Roku/cable DVR box

Postby got2beme1949 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:14 pm

I have Roku 2 XD and RCA LCD HD TV with Time Warner cable/DVR box. Currently have Roku hooked up via HDMI cable into TV, which is working fine with the exception that I now noticed that shows that I had scheduled to record via DVR are no longer recording. Should I put the HDMI cable from the Roku into back of DVR box instead of tv? Thanks IA for any help given. Newbie to Roku.
got2beme1949

Re: How to connect Roku/cable DVR box

Postby DBDukes » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:23 pm

How is your cable box connected to the TV? And did that change when you threw the Roku into the mix? Also, does the TV have multiple HDMI inputs?
DBDukes
Roku 3, Roku 2 XS, Roku XD
DBDukes

Postby j.m. » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:21 pm

Having the Roku connected to your TV should not affect your cable DVR in any way unless you accidentally disconnected the coaxial cable from the DVR, in which case you would not be able to watch cable TV at all. Something else is causing your recording problem. Your cable DVR almost certainly does not have an HDMI input to which you could connect the Roku.
j.m.

Postby kc8pql » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:00 pm

j.m. wrote: Your cable DVR almost certainly does not have an HDMI input to which you could connect the Roku.

...and you wouldn't want to do that even if it did. Connect it directly to the TV.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Postby got2beme1949 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:56 pm

Thank-you all for the responses. Hubby was wrong, his shows DID record. :oops: I don't know what the old fart was looking at. :wink: But being in our golden years I am glad to have the Roku & to have found this forum. Thanks again! :D
got2beme1949

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion