Double Green Flashing Lights on Roku 2

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Re: Double Green Flashing Lights on Roku 2

Postby PDubs » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:53 am

elBryan wrote:My remote has stopped working twice, and it's frustrating but it actually turned out to be an easy fix.

First of all, DO NOT DO A FACTORY RESET until all options are exhausted. I learned that the hard way the first time it stopped working. This was the process I used to fix the problem :

!) Download the Roku Remote Apparently to your smart phone or tablet.

@) Use that to access the settings.

#) Select "Game remote pairing".

$) Press the purple button on the back of your remote.

Hopefully, this should solve your problem.

This procedure solved my issue.
PDubs

Try this solution

Postby elBryan » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:57 pm

PDubs; Hooray!

My remote has stopped working twice, and it's frustrating but it actually turned out to be an easy fix.

First of all, DO NOT DO A FACTORY RESET until all options are exhausted because you will lose all of your Angry Birds data among other things. I learned that the hard way the first time it stopped working.

This was the process I used to fix the problem :

1) Download the Roku Remote App to your smart phone or tablet.

2) Use that to access the settings.

3) Select "Game remote pairing".

4) Press the purple button on the back of your remote.
elBryan

Postby rgpinrr » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:56 am

I've had the same pairing problem. Had the Roku 2 XS for 2 weeks and have had to re-pair 3 times. Fortunately my Harmony One remote is quite reliable, but this is a very frustrating situation. Seems obvious their is a technical flaw.
rgpinrr

Postby Sevrard » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:03 pm

I also have this problem with my Roku 2 remote. The green lights flash, and the remote won't work at all. I reset the Roku box and press the little button on the back, and switch batteries until eventually it works but sometimes it takes several hours before I can get it to work again. The other thing it does is stop working and I have to press that little button on the back over and over until a light flashes, then it will work - for about two clicks. Then it stops working and I have to press the button on the back over and over and over again until it flashes and I can click two more times, hopefully getting to what I want to watch. That will go on for hours and hours and then it will start working again at some point. It is totally mystifying and extremely frustrating!!
Sevrard

Postby majikastar » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:15 am

Same problem. Solution with the smartphone roku app worked to get it working again. Much easier than unplugging and restarting the systems, which didn't work unless i had taken the batteries out of remote too.
majikastar

Postby Hanaleia » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi all, does anybody have advice on what to do if one is not fortunate enough to have a smart phone? While the Roku worked it was great, in fact I liked Roku so much I actually cancelled my Direct TV and now I cant use Roku. I have tried removing, replacing batteries, turning off the box and rebooting it with and without batteries in it. pushing the little purple button repeatedly with and without while booting. This started this month and has been getting progressively worse. It is now completely non-responsive. I got this for Christmas and feel like the kid who got a really cool toy only to have it break as soon as the warranty expired. Does Roku have a warranty outside of the merchant it was purchased from? It was a gift so I don't have my receipt but it is the newest model(with the USB on it). Is there anything else I can do, or am I consigned to wishing I had asked for a PS3 for Christmas.. :cry: Any advice on how to resolve this would be sooo greatly appreciated as I am going through terrible TV withdrawals. :shock:
Hanaleia

Postby Gilgamesh » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:02 pm

You can use http://remoku.tv from mostly any browser on any computer on your network.
Gilgamesh

Postby Hanaleia » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:34 pm

Thanks Gilgamesh, appreciate the prompt reply. I tried using remoku with all 4 browsers but no luck. it refuses to see my Roku no matter what I tried. Still trying to figure that one out. Does my computer need to have bluetooth or something like that?
Last edited by Hanaleia on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanaleia

Postby Gilgamesh » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:44 pm

Hanaleia wrote:Thanks Gilgamesh, appreciate the prompt reply. I tried using remoku with all 4 browsers but no luck. it refuses to see my Roku no matter what I tried. Still trying to figure that one out.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=46852
and
http://help.remoku.tv/
should help.
Gilgamesh

Postby Hanaleia » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:55 pm

Hi tried everything I know, unfortunately Remoku cannot find my roku. I even downloaded network majic but that could not find it either.I looked it up in my router and the only 2 connections i cant account for are 192.168.0.25 and 192.168.0.26 so I entered both at the remoku page but it just keeps saying "no roku found. check your network settings." I have no idea why it cant find it. The box is plugged in and on, atm it is on the screen saver screen. Frustration.
Hanaleia

Postby Hanaleia » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:19 pm

Hi Gilgamesh. It finally worked with IE(only time I ever liked IE). I was able to re-pair it and it seems to be working fine. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. You rock!
Hanaleia

Postby motlewis » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:14 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:You can use http://remoku.tv from mostly any browser on any computer on your network.

Gilamesh thanks for the help ......I found that the free app for the chrome browser worked better ......It puts an icon on top of the chrome browser ..easier to load and use .....Thanks again for your help .
motlewis

Postby dwanthny » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:22 pm

No need for large font and bold in your post. If I want the post larger all I do is increase the font in my browser (ctrl+) so I can see it easier.
motlewis wrote: Gilamesh thanks for the help ......I found that the free app for the chrome browser worked better ......It puts an icon on top of the chrome browser ..easier to load and use .....Thanks again for your help .

It sounds like you installed Remoku on Chrome which is what Gilamesh recommended. Remoku also added an icon at the top of my Firefox browser.
:idea: 20GB of Free CLOUD STORAGE: For a limited time you can use this link https://copy.com?r=lB3oTH to sign up for a free 15GB Copy.com account and we both get an extra 5GB of free space.
dwanthny

Postby birdseed » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:21 am

Same issue w/ remote not working all of a sudden. What do I do if I do not have a "Game Remote Pairing" option on my remoku?! When I hold the purple button down for a minute, the lights flash one at a time, but nothing else changes. Any ideas?
birdseed

Postby steve_l » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:50 pm

birdseed wrote:Same issue w/ remote not working all of a sudden. What do I do if I do not have a "Game Remote Pairing" option on my remoku?! When I hold the purple button down for a minute, the lights flash one at a time, but nothing else changes. Any ideas?

Use remoku arrows <- -> to navigate to Settings on roku tv screen and click 'ok' button
In Settings, navigate down to Game Remote Pairing and click 'ok' button
Press purple button inside battery compartment of remote
steve_l

PreviousNext

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion