ROKU 2 xs PC content to TV why no Tversity support?

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

ROKU 2 xs PC content to TV why no Tversity support?

Postby Spectra260 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:32 pm

Just bought a roku 2 xs because I thought I could use it to stream my media from my PC to it on my TV wirelessly. Well theres no channel apps for Tversity only Gabby and roconnect which i wasted 99 cents to download and its worthless. Gabby i can see my media and I can view pictures that are on my pc but when i try to view videos I get a error " a unexpected problem has been detected" and none of my videos will play. Im trying to play mpegs but mostly avi. So is tversity ever going to support roku 2 or should I return this thing and get WDTV which I already have it works but its outdated I wanted crackle and the other apps plus angry birds that comes with roku just cant believe they didnt make this thing easy to stream media from your pc to your tv as well. Guess thats how they keep there line up for next product to make by not adding all features at once.

anyone know if roku 2 will ever have support with tversity or know of a way to stream my media from my pc to it so I can enjoy it on my tv. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Spectra260

Re: ROKU 2 xs PC content to TV why no Tversity support?

Postby stratcat96 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:39 pm

It's up to Tversity to make an app for the Roku, if you are interested in them doing so you should send them an email requesting it. Many people on here use the Plex app found in the channel store to stream from their pc to the tv with good results. I do my local playback via a usb hard drive so I can not comment with personal experience but you may want to look into that one. Oh, and avi and mpeg2 files are not natively supported so they would need to be transcoded by the media server (Plex does do this)
stratcat96
** Valued Community Member **

Postby hozedhead » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:26 am

The noknok channel can see the TVersity server, but don't expect anything beyond that. I think the developer has either abandoned it or lost his internet connection.
Roku HD N1000 Serial #20G984014682 Software V. 3.1 Build 1167
hozedhead

Postby rucknrun » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:57 am

Just use Plex. The new client for the Roku is awesome and like Tversity it trans-codes videos that are not the correct format. I used to use Roksbox but Plex blows it away.
rucknrun

Postby FX4 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:08 am

If you can get past the bugs.
Tversity is a DLNA server. Always has been. Roku is not a DLNA client, never has been.
OTA - Antennacraft HDX 1000
Roku 3
Roku2 XS (x4)
Roku XD (x2)
Roku XR
Raspberry Pi XBMC
MacMini XBMC/Plex
ATV3
FX4

Postby Krepta3000 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:54 am

FX4 wrote:If you can get past the bugs.
Tversity is a DLNA server. Always has been. Roku is not a DLNA client, never has been.

It is now! :D
Krepta3000

Postby FX4 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:56 am

Roku is still not a DLNA client and this thread is over two years old. Soon to be locked by the moderators.
OTA - Antennacraft HDX 1000
Roku 3
Roku2 XS (x4)
Roku XD (x2)
Roku XR
Raspberry Pi XBMC
MacMini XBMC/Plex
ATV3
FX4

Postby kc8pql » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:57 am

Forum Rules:
In general, if a thread is more than six months old, it will be best for our moderators if you generate a new thread, to prevent confusion.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion