My thoughts / reactions on your bookmark proposal Marcelo -
2) I have an 8GB microsd card plugged into my Roku 2 XS, which is supposedly for both game and channel storage according to this blog - http://blog.roku.com/blog/2011/08/10/using-microsd-cards-with-roku-2/
, so there is a workaround for the later models if you need more storage (supporting all models would be a priority though, so maybe not a good approach.)
3) Bookmarking sounds useful for restarting the latest media file, but I'm not sure I would even want this feature for a media file from the past - maybe a local-storage compromise would be to support bookmarking of the last media file only?
4) I am assuming the current app doesn't hit the internet at all after the SeagetShare connection has given you the local IP - that makes your app very robust. An internet bookmarking service sounds like it would re-introduce internet dependencies?
5) Lite versus Full is a good way to get folks to try your application before ponying up for a paid app. Presumably you could actually profit from this app if the stars align for you (even without a hosted bookmark service).
6) One minor improvement suggestion: I am using the .cvr feature, but it takes a long time to bring up a folder with a lot of videos. The eqivalent GoFlex Access app on my iPad is very quick by comparison (without the cvr feature of course). Any chance of speeding up the display of folders with a lot of files? (since the scrolling window is small anyway).
7) Congrats again on a nice app. Sorry about the ramble but you did ask..