Roku Customer Service & Technical Support.

This is the place to discuss items not related to your Roku Streaming Player

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Re: Roku Customer Service & Technical Support.

Postby ds1343 » Mon May 07, 2012 1:38 pm

I cannot even begin to describe the abysmal customer service offered by Roku. To call it incompetent does not even scratch the surface. It is too long a story to bother typing it out...just rest assured, when this piece a crap breaks...and it no doubt will...I will seek alternatives. It would almist be worth it to go back to Comcast to never have to deal with the idiots at Roku ever again.
ds1343

Postby liamphoto » Sun May 13, 2012 5:15 pm

I used the chat support today and it was abysmal as well waited 45 minutes to connect to someone. After stating very clearly what my problem was (a few times) and stating what I did to troubleshoot in detail, the person asked what my exact problem was. It was like they were not even reading what I was typing. Then the person (after an hour or so in all) said a tech support person would call me on my home phone "within the hour". After waiting an hour and a half I called tech support myself. I got this women with the most annoying voice and she ran me through a bunch of troubleshooting I already tried.

They are shipping me a new one, but I am kind of gun shy now on whether Roku is going to live up to what was promised in what I read. Bad tech support makes me always cringe.
liamphoto

Postby tensen » Mon May 14, 2012 7:33 am

How many live chat operators do they have?
tensen

Postby Buckeye911 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:50 am

I have a Roku XD and an XDS from the previous generation and just added a Roku 2XS today. The remote control wouldn't work and wouldn't pair manually so I used a remote from another unit to go through setup. I then went to the online technical support and chatted with Cherry. I must say, I had a very positive experience. I only waited about a minute to be answered after my initial entry which described in detail the problem I was having and the steps I had taken to attempt to bring functionality to my remote. Cherry didn't waste any time having me repeat things I'd already done but got right to the point and I was up and running 100% in about three minutes. She was very professional and knowledgeable as well as courteous, I was very impressed and told her so. I am sorry to hear of all the miserable experiences some are having with tech support but mine was the complete opposite. I just wanted to let everyone know that there are at least some tech support people that know what they're doing.
Buckeye911

Postby nocable » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:49 am

My experience with my Indian CS agent was that he truly wanted to help me.

He promised me a callback the same day, perhaps within a couple of hours, yesterday.

I do not want to shock anyone here, but, I never received the callback, with the answer to my technical question yesterday.....

Keep in mind, that the style of CS is a corporate decision, and so, whether the CS agent is in India, or South Dakota.... they will still be reading from "scripts". This can sometimes be aggravating, because they will take what you are asking, and assign the best possible script answer to it, even if the script answer is *not* the best possible answer, such as "Delete your channel and add it again, as see if that fixes the problem."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a technical question, and I wanted them to "load up" a channel, to see what video quality it displayed while loading the channel, whether it was 4 dots, or whether it was 4 dots and HD.

I subcribed to a channel (Nature Window Tv) that is described as showing you on demand, the Living Landscapes HD Nature Collection, which was developed by HD Enviroments.

When I load the paid channel, I get 4 dots of picture quality, but no "HD" indicator. I do, however get an "HD" indicator on some other ROKU channels I watch, so, I know the HD funtionality works with my ROKU.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
ROKU 2 XS -- Model 3100 -- S/W Version 5.3 -- Build 3063
TWC STD 15 Mbps

Screensaver: Weather4us
Weather Channel: Weather Nation
nocable

Postby david0406 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:46 am

This is a VERY old thread.
Roku N-1000
Roku HD 2000C
Roku LT
Roku 2 XD
Roku 3
Roku 3
david0406

Postby nocable » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:34 pm

I got a call back from CS today. The CS agent said he was waiting for a response from the company that streams NatureTV. He said, in effect, that NatureTV was streaming from their server in 1080p, but that that stream wasn't good enough yet to display a picture quality indicator of "HD". He implied that NatureTV was going to improve their streaming signal in the future.
TWC STD 15 Mbps

nocable

Postby jeffrok » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:30 am

Very very old thread.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koy2eg1ioZ8&list=HL1380998604&feature=mh_lolz
jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Postby nocable » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:34 am

jeffrok wrote:Very very old thread.

Not anymore :lol:
TWC STD 15 Mbps

nocable

Previous

Return to Off Topic