SYFY

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

SYFY

Postby tensen » Thu May 24, 2012 9:38 am

"Syfy Digital unveiled four new initiatives, from its first ever unscripted program, new apps for Windows Phone and Roku.."

This was in a news article that appeared last month, but I just noticed it upon rereading today. I hope they make it available to all viewers on Roku, and not restricted to specific cable providers like some of the other cable channels have.
tensen

Re: SYFY

Postby mommom » Thu May 24, 2012 10:30 am

I just had to find this article

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2012 ... 424syfy02/

anyone have the xbox app ?
mommom

Postby mommom » Thu May 24, 2012 10:34 am

mommom

Postby DBDukes » Thu May 24, 2012 10:50 am

SyFy has an app on Xbox that launched a few months ago. It looks promising, but isn't that easy to navigate. That could just be how Xbox apps work; I use very little there, primarily the ESPN app.

If it's the same kind of content, then it'll be mainly Webisodes and clips with very few full episodes of stuff I watch.

Still, it's nice to see more content for the Roku. There's a lot they could do with it, if they just would.
DBDukes
Roku 3, Roku 2 XS, Roku XD
DBDukes

Postby catastrophegirl » Thu May 24, 2012 3:45 pm

syfy is one of the few channels i'd pay for. as long as i can get more than "sharktopus versus the volcano" or whatever the movie of the week is.
really hoping they get with it and get their syfy rewind section on roku soon
N1000, roku1 XD/s, roku2 xs, roku3
wireless
speed range from ~18-20mbps
http://catastrophegirlsrokuchanneldata.blogspot.com/
twitter: catastrophegirl
PM or tweet me if you want a channel added to my list, a correction or to update a developers' credit
catastrophegirl
** Valued Community Member **

Postby mommom » Thu May 24, 2012 8:36 pm

I wish they would stick to more actual SyFy and leave wrestling and such for some other channel.
mommom

Postby destruk » Thu May 24, 2012 8:40 pm

I'd be happy if they simply went back to the old spelling Sci-Fi...
destruk

Postby Buckeye911 » Thu May 24, 2012 10:06 pm

destruk wrote:I'd be happy if they simply went back to the old spelling Sci-Fi...

Truth!
Buckeye911

Postby catastrophegirl » Thu May 24, 2012 10:47 pm

mommom wrote:I wish they would stick to more actual SyFy and leave wrestling and such for some other channel.

i used to think something was wrong with my DVR when i'd get to the end of watching a recorded syfy/sci-fi show and wrestling would start. at least with roku we don't have to know what came on after a show. but i'd much rather watch their weird original movies or the original series than completely off theme content.
actually, i'd be pretty happy if syfy put some of those original miniseries back together for a roku channel. i actually liked "Riese: Kingdom Falling" and would watch more of it.
N1000, roku1 XD/s, roku2 xs, roku3
wireless
speed range from ~18-20mbps
http://catastrophegirlsrokuchanneldata.blogspot.com/
twitter: catastrophegirl
PM or tweet me if you want a channel added to my list, a correction or to update a developers' credit
catastrophegirl

Postby Desert Dingo » Fri May 25, 2012 9:17 am

Hopefully it is a move by SyFy-Sci-Fi in the right direction. Like many of us 'common folk' who do not have access to many TV or lite cable channels that we all enjoy, the thought of merge between TV and internet is not too distant in future.

Even if a few would break loose and start offering a, (fair based monthly fee) for a 'standalone' channel on Roku would be greatly accepted by many. As long as it is not conjoined by, (as others note) making you have to subcribe to a 'cable company ', that is not even available in your area...or more importantly...something we have no desire to be 'bullied' into.

As soon as channel owners understand the extra profits they could achieve via a merge, and also diminish 'pirate ' sites...the happier we all would be. Lets hope the 'dream' is sooner than later.
Desert Dingo

Postby mommom » Fri May 25, 2012 10:30 am

catastrophegirl wrote:
mommom wrote:I wish they would stick to more actual SyFy and leave wrestling and such for some other channel.

i used to think something was wrong with my DVR when i'd get to the end of watching a recorded syfy/sci-fi show and wrestling would start. at least with roku we don't have to know what came on after a show. but i'd much rather watch their weird original movies or the original series than completely off theme content.
actually, i'd be pretty happy if syfy put some of those original miniseries back together for a roku channel. i actually liked "Riese: Kingdom Falling" and would watch more of it.

I just rewatched that a few weeks ago.I think "Riverworld" was a SYFY original too? just rewatched that one recently too.It seems I miss a lot the first time around. :D :lol:
mommom

Postby mhkingatl » Fri May 25, 2012 11:01 am

From your lips to God's ears....
mhkingatl

Postby knuckle » Fri May 25, 2012 1:07 pm

SyFy does wrasslin these days? I see that it was more than the name that changed...
ROKU 1 XD J0A113014862
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
all running wireless on a Netgear WNR 1000
knuckle

Postby DBDukes » Fri May 25, 2012 2:17 pm

knuckle wrote:SyFy does wrasslin these days? I see that it was more than the name that changed...

They've been doing wrestling for over 5 years. But, that's really no sillier than History Channel showing Bigfoot or UFO shows.
DBDukes
Roku 3, Roku 2 XS, Roku XD
DBDukes

Postby mommom » Fri May 25, 2012 3:24 pm

I guess wrestling has more in common with SyFy than sports :lol: Bigfoot on the history channel?Very strange.
mommom

Next

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion