Saraofam5 wrote:I can't get my remote to reconnect after a factory reset. I powered down the roku and pressed the button for 40 seconds on the inside of the remote battery area. Still nothing. It is a roku 2. Thank you
A Roku 2 XS (model 3100) uses a Bluetooth remote. The Roku 2 (model 2720) uses a WiFi direct remote. The new Roku 2 (model 4210) uses an IR remote. I assume you have older Roku 2 (2720).
The steps to re-pair the remotes can be found here: http://roku.zendesk.com/entries/22282324-Roku-remotes-overview#location_repair
Remote pairing instructions - (if remote is unresponsive/unpaired) Roku 2 XS model 3100 (Enhanced game remote)
Roku 2 model 2720 (Enhanced remote with headphone jack)
Roku 3 model 4200 (Enhanced remote with headphone jack)
Roku Streaming Stick HDMI version model 3500 (Standard remote)
If your remote stops responding, try removing and reinserting the batteries first:
- Open the battery compartment.
- Remove and reinsert the batteries, following the correct battery orientations.
If that doesn't fix the problem, try pairing the remote again:
- Open the battery compartment and locate the pairing button.
- Press and hold the pairing button for at least 3 seconds. (front LEDs will blink)
- Power cycle the Roku player. (unplug the power connector and plug back in)
- During the start up process, the Roku remote will automatically pair to your Roku player. (the front LEDs will stop flashing)
Roku 3, Roku HDMI Streaming Stick
Apple TV (4th gen), TiVo, FireTV Stick, Chromecast
Roku LT, Roku 1, Roku 2 XS, Roku 2 XD, Roku 2 HD, Roku XDS, Roku XD, Roku HD
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd gen), Simple.TV/OTA, FireTV