Roku Bluetooth?

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Roku Bluetooth?

Postby jperry » Tue May 29, 2012 3:59 pm

I just purchased a Roku XS and have noticed that it's showing up as a Bluetooth device on my cell phone and laptop. Is there any value to this? Can I actually create a Bluetooth connection to my XS or is this a "future feature" thing?
jperry

Re: Roku Bluetooth?

Postby kc8pql » Tue May 29, 2012 4:04 pm

The gaming remote that comes with the XS is Bluetooth.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Postby jperry » Tue May 29, 2012 4:11 pm

kc8pql wrote:The gaming remote that comes with the XS is Bluetooth.

Ahh gotcha... Thanks!
jperry

Postby mtg1974 » Tue May 29, 2012 5:49 pm

I have a Roku remote app on my phone that works over WiFi and it is really slow. I noticed, like you did, that my Roku shows up under Bluetooth devices on my phone. If it could pair I bet the remote app would be a lot faster.
mtg1974

Postby mikebdoss » Tue May 29, 2012 10:28 pm

mtg1974 wrote:I have a Roku remote app on my phone that works over WiFi and it is really slow. I noticed, like you did, that my Roku shows up under Bluetooth devices on my phone. If it could pair I bet the remote app would be a lot faster.

Do you have Roku's official app? I've found that one (and most of the other ones, honestly) are immediate on my home network - I press the button on the phone's display, it happens on my Roku. You might want to look into network issues if there's a slow delay.
mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Postby Buckeye911 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:50 am

mikebdoss wrote:
mtg1974 wrote:I have a Roku remote app on my phone that works over WiFi and it is really slow. I noticed, like you did, that my Roku shows up under Bluetooth devices on my phone. If it could pair I bet the remote app would be a lot faster.

Do you have Roku's official app? I've found that one (and most of the other ones, honestly) are immediate on my home network - I press the button on the phone's display, it happens on my Roku. You might want to look into network issues if there's a slow delay.

It works instantaneously for me as well, it's faster than the remote control that comes with the unit.
Buckeye911

Postby RickRansom » Thu May 31, 2012 12:08 pm

Buckeye911 wrote:
mikebdoss wrote:

It works instantaneously for me as well, it's faster than the remote control that comes with the unit.

+1
Retired
RickRansom

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion