DramaFever in Canada

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

DramaFever in Canada

Postby wongjing » Thu May 31, 2012 12:19 pm

Hello,

I just got a Roku XS two days ago after seeing it in action at my brother-in-law's house. After a little bit of researching, seeing that DramaFever was available on the Roku, it was a no-brainer for us, we had to get it! When I got the Roku, surprise... I couldn't find the DramaFever channel anywhere in the Channel Store. When I tried to add it through my Roku web account, it says the channels is not available in my area! Argh! I don't understand it as DF is available to US and Canada on the website.

DramaFever_Support: can you check to see if DF is available in Canada? Is there a setting that you forgot to check on your side to enable it for Canada?

Thanks,

W O N G J I N G
wongjing

Re: DramaFever in Canada

Postby kc8pql » Thu May 31, 2012 1:05 pm

wongjing wrote:
I don't understand it as DF is available to US and Canada on the website.

Unfortunately, copyright owners see streaming on the web and streaming to your TV as two different things. I suspect DF doesn't have rights to stream over Roku to Canada.
To find out for sure it would be best to contact DF directly. They own and control the channel.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Postby socantra » Thu May 31, 2012 1:23 pm

kc8pql wrote:
wongjing wrote:
I don't understand it as DF is available to US and Canada on the website.

................To find out for sure it would be best to contact DF directly. They own and control the channel.

It does sound like it ought to be available in Canada from their website, but they don't say for sure.
Try a support request at:
http://www.dramafever.com/feedback/
or:
support@dramafever.com
You might get a quicker answer than going 2nd hand thru this forum.
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.
socantra

Postby wongjing » Thu May 31, 2012 1:27 pm

I already sent them an email. Two days ago. Not long after unboxing! So far, no answers from them!
wongjing

Postby DramaFever_Support » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:51 pm

Hi wongjing,

DramaFever should be available in Canada, but we have heard that some Canadian users are having trouble with the channel. We are working with Roku to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. We have already checked off that our channel should be available to Canada.

In the future, please use our feedback form http://www.dramafever.com/feedback to let us know if you have issues with the DramaFever Roku channel. That is the fastest way to let us know if you have an issue and get a response, as we do not monitor the Roku forums.
DramaFever_Support

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion