Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Englishman35
Visitor

BBC 1 & ITV 1

Loving having UK television on my Roku LT. However the streams are prone to constant buffering and will NOT stream unbroken for more than a few minutes. I don;t the the issue is my ROKU or internet connection since the BBC New channel streams fine and unbroken, the issue is with the two relatively new feeds for BBC 1 and iTV 1.

Anything I can do or is it the feeds directly themselves, I would be interested to hear from others on the issue, can we improve the streams?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3

Re: BBC 1 & ITV 1

Out of curiosity, Englishman35, what app are you using for streaming British channels on your Roku device? I use both MummyBox and NoWhereTV (which I love when they are working properly). I see that you posted your comments on Wednesday 6 May. Here's my story: All day yesterday (Thursday), I was able to watch all the provided channels (ITV1, BBC 1 & 2, Dave, 4) but today, not a sausage! I can pull in BBC News & World News, Sky News, QVC (UK) but no can do on the channels I want to see most. I was so chuffed to have access to a few British channels, but it is kind of catch as catch can for me. I had to watch all of the Diamond Jubilee on BBC News because Beeb 1 wouldn't stay on more than 30 seconds at a time. Would love to find out how I can make the most of an iffy situation..ta
0 Kudos
Englishman35
Visitor

I have the same problem you describe, BBC1 and iTV worked fine for about a week including the Jubilee celebration and then the stream was removed and they became unavailable. I am assuming Nowhereman.TV took them down since the stream seemed to be troublesome. Lets hope they are able to fix it and return us to watching BBC1 . Which I for one sorely miss as I, like you live in the USA. Here's hoping someone from Nowhere can enlighten us
0 Kudos

Englishman35, Indeed! I had it 2 weeks and was really enjoying "Silk" with Rupert Penry Jones and had looked forward to watching "True Love" on 17 June which has David Tennant, Joanna Froggett, the girl who was Effie on "skins" but as we know, no stream :(. I would take the troublesome "stream here, stream there" over not at all. Fingers crossed we'll get it back and soon. However, I noticed that on MummyBox they've taken off Pick and Really alltogether and have changed the icon to Off Air on the rest. Also, icons for our channels are gone on Nowhere. It's almost depressing. Good luck to us!
0 Kudos