roku hd not working

Moderators: RokuShawnS, RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

roku hd not working

Postby megg » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:37 am

I have had the Roku HD since Oct 2011. A few weeks ago the remote started not recognizing the player, so I would reset the remote, unplug the player, plug it back in and then it would work for a few days before I had to do it all over again. A few days ago that stopped working, I could only get the remote to turn the player back on from sleep mode then it wouldn't work anymore. Replaced the batteries and still no go. So not giving up hope on my player I downloaded the Roku remote on my iphone and started using that. It only worked for a few days. Now it wont pull up any channels, just keeps returning to home page and everytime I try to scroll through channels it keeps popping up with changing the channels position. I have to unplug everytime I do get it to work for a moment and I want to change what I'm watching kind of a pain in the but.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be way stoked. I really don't want to throw down another $100 on a device that will only work for 8 or 9 months
megg

Re: roku hd not working

Postby mommom » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:00 am

Until someone more knowledgeable replies,have you tried a "hard reset" ?
mommom

Postby megg » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:29 am

I did do the hardreset with the paperclip in the back and then resetting all the channels. Worked only a day
megg

Postby philsoft » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:37 am

Can you try moving the unit further from the TV and see if that alleviates the problem any?
philsoft
** Valued Community Member **

Postby megg » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:12 pm

So I moved it farther from the Tv. Before it sat directly next to it, now its on the mantle by the fire place, and did another hard reset. Its reloading all my channels (54) so far so good. Remote is still working. This is longer than its been in the past, so ill let you know if it keeps working. I think I'll delete some channels. Maybe there's too much on it.
megg

Postby philsoft » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:08 am

megg wrote:So I moved it farther from the Tv. Before it sat directly next to it, now its on the mantle by the fire place, and did another hard reset. Its reloading all my channels (54) so far so good. Remote is still working. This is longer than its been in the past, so ill let you know if it keeps working. I think I'll delete some channels. Maybe there's too much on it.

I don't think it is the number of channels, I think it is IR interference from the TV.
philsoft

Postby megg » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:12 pm

So its the next day and my remote is still working. Its amazing, apparently it was just the interference. So hopefully it keeps working so I don't have to buy a new box. Thank you!
megg

Postby kc8pql » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:10 pm

^ If it's an LCD TV, try turning down the backlight, or turning off the auto backlight setting. The IR interference is often caused by the florescent backlight tubes.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion